code signing

Wayne Johnston
Is there a way to sign an image (icx file)?  Similar to signing a JAR, or how signtool can sign a .exe/.dll file on Windows.

Or some other idea?

I guess we could do something homemade, like storing the packaging timestamp, and the timestamp encrypted a global variables...

Re: code signing

Seth Berman
Hi Wayne,

Is your question more about how to produce a digital signature over some bytes (and then subsequently verify it)
such as the examples found in OpenSSLDigitalSignatureExamples?

Or does your question relate more to, once you have some sort of digital signature over the bytes of an image...where do you put it?
An example is the jarsigner which puts stores algo params and signatures in the META-INF dir of a jar(zip) file?

BTW, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you and your team.

- Seth

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 3:55:21 PM UTC-5, Wayne Johnston wrote:
Is there a way to sign an image (icx file)?  Similar to signing a JAR, or how signtool can sign a .exe/.dll file on Windows.

Or some other idea?

I guess we could do something homemade, like storing the packaging timestamp, and the timestamp encrypted a global variables...

Re: code signing

Wayne Johnston
Sorry for my multiple partial thoughts.  My question is the latter.  We made the mistake of saying an image (icx file) is like a JAR file, so then we were asked if we could sign it.