cog or no cog?

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Just out of curiosity, is anyone still working with a non-cog vm?

I am asking because I was thinking of releasing 4.1 one click with a Cog VM.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: cog or no cog?

jannik laval
I'm using both.
But I prefer Cog vm.

I think using a Cog vm is better for the one click.

Cheers,
Jannik

On Sep 19, 2010, at 10:29 , Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just out of curiosity, is anyone still working with a non-cog vm?
>
> I am asking because I was thinking of releasing 4.1 one click with a Cog VM.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

---
Jannik Laval

Re: cog or no cog?

Fabrizio Perin
Hi,
i'm using only cog vm in particular the 5.8b9.

Cheers,

Fabrizio

On 19 Sep 2010, at 11:57, Laval Jannik wrote:

> I'm using both.
> But I prefer Cog vm.
>
> I think using a Cog vm is better for the one click.
>
> Cheers,
> Jannik
>
> On Sep 19, 2010, at 10:29 , Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, is anyone still working with a non-cog vm?
>>
>> I am asking because I was thinking of releasing 4.1 one click with a Cog VM.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

> ---
> Jannik Laval

Re: cog or no cog?

Simon Denier-3

I'm using both, since I'm still annoyed by the fact that I need to patch an image to use it with Cog.

Just to things to check:
- test with a pharo 1.1.1, since I guess that image should be used for Cog-ready images
- can we call infusion from the latest version of Cog? I remember I could not do that in previous versions.

On 19 sept. 2010, at 10:29, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just out of curiosity, is anyone still working with a non-cog vm?
>
> I am asking because I was thinking of releasing 4.1 one click with a Cog VM.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

 Simon

Re: cog or no cog?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm using both, since I'm still annoyed by the fact that I need to patch an image to use it with Cog.

Just to things to check:
- test with a pharo 1.1.1, since I guess that image should be used for Cog-ready images

I build a PharoDev on top of PharoCore 1.1.1 but there are several error/failing tests, and that's why I didn't make public release. Check my email about failing errors with Cog.

Doru I would be aware of:

- You are not able to run Test Coverage neither use objects as methods (using run:with:with) since this will crash the vm
- some problems with certain plugins or menus

Maybe Eliot or someone is already working on it.

Cheers

Mariano