cog vm

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Is there anybody using the Cog VM on a regular basis?

I am using it for most of my development, and it now works quite well
(except for the methods as objects issue). It would be interesting to
collect problem reports.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: cog vm

Fabrizio Perin
Hi,
i'm using Cog vm and i didn't encounter any problem. I will notify on the moose and pharo mailing list in the case.

cheers,

Fabrizio

On 23 Aug 2010, at 16:09, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there anybody using the Cog VM on a regular basis?
>
> I am using it for most of my development, and it now works quite well (except for the methods as objects issue). It would be interesting to collect problem reports.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: cog vm

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there anybody using the Cog VM on a regular basis?

I am using it for most of my development, and it now works quite well (except for the methods as objects issue). It would be interesting to collect problem reports.

Hi Doru, what about creating a one click image or at least a Moose 4.1 image ready for CogVM. I mean, CogVM image requiered changes were not integrated in Pharo 1.1, but in 1.2 as I understand. Thus, I guess people should integrate those things. Maybe provinging a one click Moose 4.1 CogVM would help. I wanted to do that for phaor but I didn't have time :(

Cheers,
Doru

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there anybody using the Cog VM on a regular basis?

I am using it for most of my development, and it now works quite well (except for the methods as objects issue). It would be interesting to collect problem reports.

Hi Doru, what about creating a one click image or at least a Moose 4.1 image ready for CogVM. I mean, CogVM image requiered changes were not integrated in Pharo 1.1, but in 1.2 as I understand. Thus, I guess people should integrate those things. Maybe provinging a one click Moose 4.1 CogVM would help. I wanted to do that for phaor but I didn't have time :(

and you have to also save the image and open it agian I think.....

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: cog vm

Mariano Martinez Peck
I din't know why I don't send everything in the same email hahahaha sorry...

I forgot to say that Eliot said:

"
For folks' convenience I've just put up some unofficial builds (essentially the same builds I use for testing) under http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM

"

[...]

Hi Mariano,

I announced before that we have both Moose and Moose with Seaside
images for Cog:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev-for-cog/
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside-for-cog/

Cheers,
Doru

On 23 Aug 2010, at 16:18, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I din't know why I don't send everything in the same email hahahaha
> sorry...
>
> I forgot to say that Eliot said:
>
> "
> For folks' convenience I've just put up some unofficial builds
> (essentially the same builds I use for testing) under http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM
>
> "
>
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anybody using the Cog VM on a regular basis?
>
> I am using it for most of my development, and it now works quite
> well (except for the methods as objects issue). It would be
> interesting to collect problem reports.
>

> Hi Doru, what about creating a one click image or at least a Moose
> 4.1 image ready for CogVM. I mean, CogVM image requiered changes
> were not integrated in Pharo 1.1, but in 1.2 as I understand. Thus,
> I guess people should integrate those things. Maybe provinging a one
> click Moose 4.1 CogVM would help. I wanted to do that for phaor but
> I didn't have time :(
>

> and you have to also save the image and open it agian I think.....
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

Re: cog vm

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

I announced before that we have both Moose and Moose with Seaside images for Cog:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev-for-cog/
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside-for-cog/

Hi Doru, I missed your announcment. But this is AWESOME!!!

thanks a lot :)

ps: it is a pity that the things i am doing right now with moose requires a customized VM (so far in normal vm...)  :(
maybe I can try to do my changes in Cog and build it...we will see.

[...]

Doru...do you have to do something else in the image side for Cog than what Lukas did some time ago?
I mean...what did you have to change in Pharo 1.1 so that to use CogVM?

[...]

These images just take the corresponding regular image (based on pharo
1.1) and apply the change set produced by Lukas. I attached the
changeset here for convenience.

Cheers,
Doru

On 24 Aug 2010, at 15:52, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Hi Mariano,
>
> I announced before that we have both Moose and Moose with Seaside
> images for Cog:
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev-for-cog/
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside-for-cog/
>

> Doru...do you have to do something else in the image side for Cog
> than what Lukas did some time ago?
> I mean...what did you have to change in Pharo 1.1 so that to use
> CogVM?
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 23 Aug 2010, at 16:18, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> I din't know why I don't send everything in the same email hahahaha
> sorry...
>
> I forgot to say that Eliot said:
>
> "
> For folks' convenience I've just put up some unofficial builds
> (essentially the same builds I use for testing) under http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM
>
> "
>
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anybody using the Cog VM on a regular basis?
>
> I am using it for most of my development, and it now works quite
> well (except for the methods as objects issue). It would be
> interesting to collect problem reports.
>

> Hi Doru, what about creating a one click image or at least a Moose
> 4.1 image ready for CogVM. I mean, CogVM image requiered changes
> were not integrated in Pharo 1.1, but in 1.2 as I understand. Thus,
> I guess people should integrate those things. Maybe provinging a one
> click Moose 4.1 CogVM would help. I wanted to do that for phaor but
> I didn't have time :(
>

> and you have to also save the image and open it agian I think.....
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

NecessaryImageChangesForCogToWork.Pharo1.1.cs (10K) Download Attachment

Re: cog vm

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
I've been using it recently and it works fine.
And for some tasks it's an order of magnitude
faster than the squeak one.

M.