cogVM in pharo {WAS} Re: [squeak-dev] Re: HTML parser (again)

cogVM in pharo {WAS} Re: [squeak-dev] Re: HTML parser (again)

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
no CogVM is not ready for us.

why not?  It tohught it was everything working but objects as methods....

is there something else?

> Is there a one-click image for CogVM somewhere so I can download it?
>

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:34 AM, laurent laffont
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Andrei Stebakov <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been looking for a nice and fast HTML parser.
>>> I've found Zulq Alam's Soup
>>> (http://www.squeaksource.com/@vHckXt8_6gVtXFxy/XMrjDbIs) it looks nice
>>> but it's way too slow for me (takes 5 sec to parse the page, my
>>> current lisp parser takes about 1 sec for that.)
>>> I found another one, Todd Blanchard's HTML and CSS parser
>>> (http://www.squeaksource.com/@iMgHmTKVxU00wEdz/A0jkqk71) but I
>>> couldn't load it into Pharo 1.1 or Squeak 4.1.
>>> It complains about some syntax error and leaves the progress bar which
>>> I can't kill...
>>> I wonder if anyone (Todd?) can take a look at the parser and figure
>>> out how to fix it?
>>>
>>> What other options I have for an HTML parser?
>>> Looking at Pharo speed I wonder if there is any way to optimize it? Is
>>> JIT or some other speed optimization in plans for Pharo/Squeak?
>>

>> What do you need to do ?
>> There's XMLSupport http://www.squeaksource.com/XMLSupport.html
>> Scamper might have a standalone HTML
>> parser http://www.squeaksource.com/Scamper.html
>> The CogVM has JIT.
>> Laurent.
>>

>>> Thank you,
>>> Andrei

Re: cogVM in pharo {WAS} Re: [squeak-dev] Re: HTML parser (again)

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not know.
Plugin?
Then there are compiler changes (may be this is for the closure).

Stef