cogwin/Croquet (Win7) + Moose + very large model = crash (out of Memory)

cogwin/Croquet (Win7) + Moose + very large model = crash (out of Memory)

Hani Abdeen
Hello,

I'm using cogwin/Croquet VM (last version http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2522/) on windows7,
and today I had this probelm: when the size of the pharo image become so large the VM crashes with reason 'out of memory'.
The same problem with previous versions of cogwin.
I've only one, but very large, Java model in Moose.
Note that I use a PC with 8G of RAM, so it's really damage to have such a problem.

Any idea about another VM working well on Windows and does not have such an issues?
Any urgent solution?

Unfortunately I've not Mac and the company for which I'am going to demonstrate Moose, on their code base and Tomorrow morning do not use Mac.

Thanks,
Hani

Re: cogwin/Croquet (Win7) + Moose + very large model = crash (out of Memory)

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

What does large mean in your case? I routinely work with 500MB images on Windows 7 using the same VM.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Jan 2012, at 23:25, Hani Abdeen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using cogwin/Croquet VM (last version http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2522/) on windows7,
> and today I had this probelm: when the size of the pharo image become so large the VM crashes with reason 'out of memory'.
> The same problem with previous versions of cogwin.
> I've only one, but very large, Java model in Moose.
> Note that I use a PC with 8G of RAM, so it's really damage to have such a problem.
>
> Any idea about another VM working well on Windows and does not have such an issues?
> Any urgent solution?
>
> Unfortunately I've not Mac and the company for which I'am going to demonstrate Moose, on their code base and Tomorrow morning do not use Mac.
>
> Thanks,
> Hani

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: cogwin/Croquet (Win7) + Moose + very large model = crash (out of Memory)

Hani Abdeen
Hi Doru,

the image size starts at 400M, before doing anything on the model.
Now, as I start manipulating the model and sending navigation queries, trying to create an Arki report about the model, the image size apparently exceed 500M and the VM crashes!
For more information I enclosed the header of the crash.dmp file.

Cheers,
Hani

Fri Jan 13 14:57:11 2012

Error in the VM thread
Reason: out of memory

Hardware information:
Manufacturer: Unknown
Model: Unknown
Number of processors: 4
Page size: 4096

Memory Information (upon launch):
Physical Memory Size: 4194303 kbytes
Physical Memory Free: 4194303 kbytes
Page File Size: 4194303 kbytes
Page File Free: 4194303 kbytes
Virtual Memory Size: 2097024 kbytes
Virtual Memory Free: 2025868 kbytes
Memory Load: 20 percent

Processor 0: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Identifier: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
~MHZ: 2494

Processor 1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Processor 2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Processor 3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Identifier: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
~MHZ: 2494

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate (Build 7600 )
Registered Owner: Microsoft
Registered Company: Microsoft
SP major version: 0
SP minor version: 0
Suite mask: 100
Product type: 1

Display Information:
Graphics adapter name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Primary monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

Device: RDPDD Chained DD
Adapter String: ???
Bios String: ???
Chip Type: ???
DAC Type: ???
Memory Size: 0xFFFFFFFF

Driver Versions:
RDPDD:

VM Version: Cog VM 4.0.0 (release) from Dec  1 2011
Compiler: gcc 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)
Interpreter Build: CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.138 uuid: f9a63bdf-7bbc-4ae5-9634-ecd6fd814c9d Dec  1 2011
Cogit Build: StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.139 uuid: c2849383-9768-4948-b9b2-a5c22d482b07 Dec  1 2011