command line access to MetaRepoForPharo30

command line access to MetaRepoForPharo30

Yanni Chiu
Is there something broken in the MetaRepoForPharo30 on SmalltalkHub?

This was the first time I was trying the command line interface to install code, and it took me a while to figure out that it was the MetaRepoForPharo30 repository (and not my image/vm). In the log below, when looking for configurations in the Fuel repo, the result is normal. Also, SS3 and mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents gave normal results.

=====

Pharo3.0
Latest update: #30860

yanni@foobar:~/cc/work$ ./pharo Pharo.image --version
M:    NBCoInterpreter NativeBoost-CogPlugin-EstebanLorenzano.18 uuid: a53445f9-c0c0-4015-97a3-be7db8d9ed6b Mar 13 2013
NBCogit NativeBoost-CogPlugin-EstebanLorenzano.18 uuid: a53445f9-c0c0-4015-97a3-be7db8d9ed6b Mar 13 2013
git://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git Commit: 412abef33cbed05cf1d75329e451d71c0c6aa5a7 Date: 2013-03-13 17:48:50 +0100 By: Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> Jenkins build #14535

=====

yanni@foobar:~/cc/work$ ./pharo Pharo.image config http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo30/main
Error: Unable to resolve ConfigurationOfMetaRepoForPharo30
GoferConfigurationReference(Object)>>error:
GoferConfigurationReference(GoferReference)>>resolveWith:
Gofer>>resolved in Block: [ :each | each resolveWith: self ]
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect:
Gofer>>resolved
GoferLoad>>initializeOn:
GoferLoad class(GoferOperation class)>>on:
Gofer>>execute:do:
Gofer>>execute:
Gofer>>load
ConfigurationCommandLineHandler>>configuration
ConfigurationCommandLineHandler>>project
ConfigurationCommandLineHandler>>listConfigurationDetails
ConfigurationCommandLineHandler>>list
ConfigurationCommandLineHandler>>activate
ConfigurationCommandLineHandler class(CommandLineHandler class)>>activateWith:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>activateSubCommand: in Block: [ aCommandLinehandler activateWith: commandLine ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>activateSubCommand:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>handleSubcommand
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>handleArgument:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>activate in Block: [ self handleArgument: (self arguments ifEmpty: [ ...etc...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
PharoCommandLineHandler(BasicCommandLineHandler)>>activate
PharoCommandLineHandler>>activate
PharoCommandLineHandler class(CommandLineHandler class)>>activateWith:
PharoCommandLineHandler class>>activateWith: in Block: [ super activateWith: aCommandLine ]
WorldState>>runStepMethodsIn:
WorldMorph>>runStepMethods
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:

yanni@foobar:~/cc/work$ ./pharo Pharo.image config http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Fuel/main
'Available versions for ConfigurationOfFuel'
1.0
1.0-baseline
1.1
1.1-baseline
1.2
1.2-baseline
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.5-baseline
1.6
1.6-baseline
1.6.1
1.7
1.7-baseline
1.8
1.8-baseline
1.8-beta1
1.8-forMarea
1.8.1
1.8.1-baseline
1.8.2
1.8.2-baseline
1.9
1.9-alphaForTanker
1.9-alphaForTanker-baseline
1.9-baseline
1.9.1
1.9.2
1.9.2-baseline
1.9.3
1.9.3-baseline
1.9.4
2.0.0-baseline
bleedingEdge
development
last
stable

Re: command line access to MetaRepoForPharo30

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 11 Dec 2014, at 05:54, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there something broken in the MetaRepoForPharo30 on SmalltalkHub?
>
> This was the first time I was trying the command line interface to install code, and it took me a while to figure out that it was the MetaRepoForPharo30 repository (and not my image/vm). In the log below, when looking for configurations in the Fuel repo, the result is normal. Also, SS3 and mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents gave normal results.
>
> =====
>
> Pharo3.0
> Latest update: #30860
>
> yanni@foobar:~/cc/work$ ./pharo Pharo.image --version
> M:    NBCoInterpreter NativeBoost-CogPlugin-EstebanLorenzano.18 uuid: a53445f9-c0c0-4015-97a3-be7db8d9ed6b Mar 13 2013
> NBCogit NativeBoost-CogPlugin-EstebanLorenzano.18 uuid: a53445f9-c0c0-4015-97a3-be7db8d9ed6b Mar 13 2013
> git://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git Commit: 412abef33cbed05cf1d75329e451d71c0c6aa5a7 Date: 2013-03-13 17:48:50 +0100 By: Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> Jenkins build #14535
>
> =====
>
> yanni@foobar:~/cc/work$ ./pharo Pharo.image config http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo30/main

That cannot work, there is no ConfigurationOfMetaRepoForPharo30
MetaRepoForPharo30 is special, it contains many different configurations.
The config command tries to be clever and resolves one configuration based on the repository name.

> [...]
> 1.8-baseline
> 1.8-beta1
> 1.8-forMarea
> 1.8.1
> 1.8.1-baseline
> 1.8.2
> 1.8.2-baseline
> 1.9
> 1.9-alphaForTanker
> 1.9-alphaForTanker-baseline
> 1.9-baseline
> 1.9.1
> 1.9.2
> 1.9.2-baseline
> 1.9.3
> 1.9.3-baseline
> 1.9.4
> 2.0.0-baseline
> bleedingEdge
> development
> last
> stable

Re: command line access to MetaRepoForPharo30

EstebanLM

On 11 Dec 2014, at 09:00, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

if you do:

$ ./pharo Pharo.image config http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/MetaRepoForPharo30/main ConfigurationOfWhatYouWant

it should work. This is the help for that command:

Command line handler for dealing with Metacello configurations from the command line

--help              show this help message
<repository url>    A Monticello repository name
<configuration>     A valid Metacello Configuration name
<version>           A valid version for the given configuration
<group>             A valid Metacello group name
<username>          An optional username to access the configuration's repository
<password>          An optional password to access the configuration's repository
Examples:
# display this help message
pharo Pharo.image config
# list all configurations of a repository
pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL
# list all the available versions of a confgurtation
pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo
# install the stable version
pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo --install
#install a specific version '1.5'
pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo --install=1.5
#install a specific version '1.5' and only a specific group 'Tests'
pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo --install=1.5 --group=Tests

(which you have if you type

$ ./pharo Pharo.image config —help

)

Esteban

[...]

Re: [Bulk] command line access to MetaRepoForPharo30

Yanni Chiu

On Dec 11, 2014, at 3:09 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> it should work. This is the help for that command:

I was getting the help information, but I was somehow failing to understand what to do.
So, I tried the examples.

> Examples:
> # display this help message
> pharo Pharo.image config
>
> # list all configurations of a repository
> pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL

This one failed using MetaRepoForPharo30, as noted in my original post.

> # list all the available versions of a confgurtation
> pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo

This one works using MetaRepoForPharo30, once I figured out that I should not skip the ‘ConfigurationOf’ part.

> # install the stable version
> pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo —install

This one consistently fails. I may have tried various repositories and ConfigurationOf permutations.

> #install a specific version '1.5'
> pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo --install=1.5

I finally ended up trying this using “--install=stable” and it worked.

Once I figured out an example that worked, I was able to build my headless build script.

Thanks all, for your help.

> #install a specific version '1.5' and only a specific group 'Tests'
> pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo --install=1.5 --group=Tests
>
> (which you have if you type
>
> $ ./pharo Pharo.image config —help
>
> )
>
> Esteban

Re: [Bulk] command line access to MetaRepoForPharo30

EstebanLM

> On 15 Dec 2014, at 07:06, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Dec 11, 2014, at 3:09 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> it should work. This is the help for that command:
>
> I was getting the help information, but I was somehow failing to understand what to do.
> So, I tried the examples.
>

>> Examples:
>> # display this help message
>> pharo Pharo.image config
>>
>> # list all configurations of a repository
>> pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL
>
> This one failed using MetaRepoForPharo30, as noted in my original post.
>
>> # list all the available versions of a confgurtation
>> pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo
>
> This one works using MetaRepoForPharo30, once I figured out that I should not skip the ‘ConfigurationOf’ part.
>

>> # install the stable version
>> pharo Pharo.image config $MC_REPOS_URL ConfigurationOfFoo —install
>
> This one consistently fails. I may have tried various repositories and ConfigurationOf permutations.

this one is a bug.
all the others are “working as  intended” :)

maybe help should be better also :P

Esteban