command shell

simon_monk
Hello, has anyone figured out how to run a shell command from any
version of Dolphin? In this case, I want to run a DOS .BAT script. I
know it sounds like a strange thing to do, just don't ask :-)

Many thanks,  Simon.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re: command shell

Ian Bartholomew
Simon,

<[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:956koq$3nm$[hidden email]...
> Hello, has anyone figured out how to run a shell command from any
> version of Dolphin? In this case, I want to run a DOS .BAT script. I
> know it sounds like a strange thing to do, just don't ask :-)

As long as bat is a registered file type on your machine (which it almost
certainly is) you should be able to run it using the Shell library.

ShellLibrary default shellOpen: 'test.bat'

There's also a method in ShellLibrary which does the above but also lets you
specify the directory.

Ian