compiled VM with Alien for JNIPort

laurent laffont
Hi,

is there a compiled VM available with Alien for OSX ? I want to use JNIPort.

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: compiled VM with Alien for JNIPort

laurent laffont
On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

is there a compiled VM available with Alien for OSX ? I want to use JNIPort.

Second question, if I need to compile the VM, which one should I use for Alien ? Cog is OK ?

Laurent

Re: [Pharo-project] compiled VM with Alien for JNIPort

laurent laffont
OK I will try.

For info I want to use JNIPort just to write some small Java  script to learn and prototype on several Java frameworks. Prototyping with Java is tedious. I've tried Groovy, it's better but lacks all goodies of Pharo IDE. So I thought JNIPort would be a good candidate to play with.

Laurent.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Fernando Olivero <[hidden email]> wrote:
In case you just want to quickly use Alien , the latest vm's from John
came with the plugin .
For example, Lumiere using Alien, works on Squeak 4.2.2beta1U.
Fernando

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 9 May 2011 21:23, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> Second question, if I need to compile the VM, which one should I use for
>>> Alien ? Cog is OK ?
>>
>> Yes.  Cog is OK.
>
> And what plugin? NewsqueakIA32ABIPlugin, right?
>

>>> Laurent
>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [Pharo-project] compiled VM with Alien for JNIPort

Luc Fabresse

2011/5/10 Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>
Hi Laurent,

i'm interested by a report with your experiment with JNIPort.

+1

#Luc

Regards,

--