component - display most recent blog post

component - display most recent blog post

sergio_101-2
on the front page of my pier site, i would like to automatically
display an abbreviated (say, 1000 characters) of the latest blog
story..

anyone have any idea on how i would do this? say, grab the newest
child of the blog component..

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: component - display most recent blog post

Damien Cassou
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:16 AM, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> on the front page of my pier site, i would like to automatically
> display an abbreviated (say, 1000 characters) of the latest blog
> story..
>
> anyone have any idea on how i would do this? say, grab the newest
> child of the blog component..

there is already a component which shows you the first (maybe 100)
characters of the last (maybe 5) posts. I think it comes by default
with Pier-Blog and is also deployed in a typical Pier installation.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: component - display most recent blog post

Nick
Look at PRDistribution>>postTickerWidget

On 6 February 2012 09:28, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:16 AM, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> on the front page of my pier site, i would like to automatically
> display an abbreviated (say, 1000 characters) of the latest blog
> story..
>
> anyone have any idea on how i would do this? say, grab the newest
> child of the blog component..

there is already a component which shows you the first (maybe 100)
characters of the last (maybe 5) posts. I think it comes by default
with Pier-Blog and is also deployed in a typical Pier installation.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: component - display most recent blog post

sergio_101-2
> Look at PRDistribution>>postTickerWidget

this is the one i was using.. unfortunately, it just renders a
unformatted snippet of the article.. this is exactly what i need on
the sidebar, but on the front page, i would like to be able to include
a formatted view, with all subcomponents rendered also..
--
----