componentclass for a subset of descriptions

componentclass for a subset of descriptions

NorbertHartl
Hi,

I have an Object which has descriptions for:

Route
- name
- text
- track
- locations

I need to edit track and locations at the same time. That
means I want to have a componentclass for those two fields.
Usually this would be an extra object containing of those
two. But I like to avoid to build an extra class just to
be able to edit the fields separate.

Is there a way to arrange the descriptions to accomplish
that? I tried to build two subsets of the Route descriptions
(name, text) and (route,track). But it isn't possible to
add the one container to the other, or is it?

thanks in advance,

Norbert

Re: componentclass for a subset of descriptions

Lukas Renggli-2
> Is there a way to arrange the descriptions to accomplish
> that? I tried to build two subsets of the Route descriptions
> (name, text) and (route,track). But it isn't possible to
> add the one container to the other, or is it?

I don't think I fully understand your question.

It is possible to embed containers into each other by using
MAInternalEditorComponent instead of the default
MAExternalEditorComponent. There is an example in the tutorial at
<http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/tutorial> at MAPersonModel
class>>#descriptionOfficeAddress and #descriptionHomeAddress.

Hope this helps?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: componentclass for a subset of descriptions

Ramon Leon-5

http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/using-magritte-with-seaside/

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 16:39 +0200, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> > Is there a way to arrange the descriptions to accomplish
> > that? I tried to build two subsets of the Route descriptions
> > (name, text) and (route,track). But it isn't possible to
> > add the one container to the other, or is it?
>
> I don't think I fully understand your question.
>
> It is possible to embed containers into each other by using
> MAInternalEditorComponent instead of the default
> MAExternalEditorComponent. There is an example in the tutorial at
> <http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/tutorial> at MAPersonModel
> class>>#descriptionOfficeAddress and #descriptionHomeAddress.
>
> Hope this helps?

Ok, sorry, I was to unclear on that point. I have only one class
Route which contains the four descriptions (name, text, track
and location). Usually this would lead to four MAElementComponents
with each having access to one of the fields.
What I need is that track and locations appear as one description
in order to get a componentclass which has access to both fields.

The longer I think about it the more stupid it appears :) This
would lead to something like having two times the same object
inside a form where each componentclass accesses different
selectors.

Ok, I think I need a new approach.

Norbert