configuration of moose is broken

Tudor Girba
Hi,

ConfigurationOfMoose is broken. I tried to introduce ConfigurationOfFame and somehow all the missing requirements are now exploding and I cannot load it anymore.

It looks like it will take some hours of work. Please do not touch these configurations for now. I will get back with another status report later today.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

Re: configuration of moose is broken

Tudor Girba
Hi,

It took a day of work, but the situation is back to normal again :). Here is what I did:
- Split Fame into packages and introduced ConfigurationOfFame
- Fixed requires: directives in Moose packages. There were a tone of problems, and I have no idea why it actually worked before
- Made the Core group of ConfigurationOfMoose only include the generic engines and not those that extend FAMIX.
- For SmallDude and DSM I made them dependent on the Core group of ConfigurationOfMoose (like that we do not have a loop)

The situation is better, but we will still need to clean the configuration in the future. The idea is to completely decouple the generic packages that go below Moose Core (which should be mostly generic) from those that go into Moose Suite (which is a collection of dedicated tools).

For example, in SmallDude, the packages that compute duplication should be completely decoupled from those that extend FAMIX. They mostly are, but it should be more explicit. In the same way, the tools that are now in Moose-Finder should probably be decoupled as well. But this is for 4.4.

Cheers,
Doru

On 19 Feb 2011, at 12:43, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ConfigurationOfMoose is broken. I tried to introduce ConfigurationOfFame and somehow all the missing requirements are now exploding and I cannot load it anymore.
>
> It looks like it will take some hours of work. Please do not touch these configurations for now. I will get back with another status report later today.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."