confused about file upload

johnmci
I'm looking at altering how the file upload work in wikiserver on the
iphone

It appears that

MAFileUploadComponent>>renderUploadOn: html
        html fileUpload
                id: self labelId;
                on: #upload of: self.
        html submitButton
                text: 'uploadX'

setups the submit button with the text 'uploadX'  Yes yes it's
normally 'upload' but I changed it
to 'uploadX' just to confirm that I've the right html.

Now as WIiServer users know on the iPhone, the "Choose file" button is
disabled because there
is no way for mobile safari to browse the file system on the iphone.

In this case I had expected that

WAFileUploadTag>>callback: and
WAFileUploadTag >>on: of:
gets called
which results in
MAFileUploadComponent>>upload:

But none of that happens when I press the 'upload' button.

Obviously something is deciding somewhere not to execute the callback:
So I'm wondering how or who is preventing that?

I had *wrongly* thought that upload: would be called with a nil file
since there was code there to check file is nil

--
=
=

Re: confused about file upload

John McKeon
Hi John,
I think it needs to be wrapped in a form: []    ;)

Warm regards
John

http://jmck.seasidehosting.st

Re: confused about file upload

johnmci
All i"m using is the standard MAFile component in Pier to add a file.
On the iPhone the choose file button is disabled, yet the uploadX
button is pressable.

If you serve the same web-page from the iPhone to a desktop client
then the choose file button is enabled,
and pressing the upload button runs the
> WAFileUploadTag>>callback: and
> WAFileUploadTag >>on: of
> MAFileUploadComponent>>upload:

which feed in a file = nil.

However as pointed out early pressing the uploadX button on the iPhone
only runs PRFile>>file
never the
> WAFileUploadTag>>callback: and
> WAFileUploadTag >>on: of
> MAFileUploadComponent>>upload:

So I don't get a chance in
> MAFileUploadComponent>>upload:
to wonder at the file isNil

On 2009-10-21, at 5:17 PM, John McKeon wrote:

> Hi John,
> I think it needs to be wrapped in a form: []    ;)
>
> Warm regards
> John
>
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 6:57 PM, John M McIntosh <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> I'm looking at altering how the file upload work in wikiserver on
> the iphone
>
> It appears that
>

> MAFileUploadComponent>>renderUploadOn: html
>        html fileUpload
>                id: self labelId;
>                on: #upload of: self.
>        html submitButton
>                text: 'uploadX'
>
> setups the submit button with the text 'uploadX'  Yes yes it's
> normally 'upload' but I changed it
> to 'uploadX' just to confirm that I've the right html.
>
> Now as WIiServer users know on the iPhone, the "Choose file" button
> is disabled because there
> is no way for mobile safari to browse the file system on the iphone.
>
> In this case I had expected that
>
> WAFileUploadTag>>callback: and
> WAFileUploadTag >>on: of:
> gets called
> which results in
> MAFileUploadComponent>>upload:
>
> But none of that happens when I press the 'upload' button.
>
> Obviously something is deciding somewhere not to execute the callback:
> So I'm wondering how or who is preventing that?
>
> I had *wrongly* thought that upload: would be called with a nil file
> since there was code there to check file is nil
>
> --
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:
> squeaker68882
> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://
> www.smalltalkconsulting.com
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =

> http://jmck.seasidehosting.st

--
=
=
=
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:
squeaker68882
=
=
=

Re: confused about file upload

Lukas Renggli
The Apple Mobile Web Content guide says:

"Safari on iPhone OS does not support file uploading, that is, <input
type="file"> elements. If your webpage includes an input-file control,
Safari on iPhone OS disables it." [http://bit.ly/1Y9MF5]

That explains why Seaside does not trigger the callback, the
upload-field is simply not part of the POST.

Cheers,
Lukas

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch