copy, et. al.

Lee Breisacher-2
I'm grinding my way through Object.st and the Blue Book. Can I skip #copy, #shallowCopy, and #deepCopy for now?

Re: copy, et. al.

Robert Roland
Yes, please skip those for now. They'll have to be implemented as primitives.

> I'm grinding my way through Object.st and the Blue Book. Can I skip #copy, #shallowCopy, and #deepCopy for now?

Re: copy, et. al.

bobcalco
Out of curiosity, what is the mechanism in Redline for implementing primitives? I'm new to the code but eager to understand.

- Bob

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Robert Roland <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, please skip those for now. They'll have to be implemented as primitives.

> I'm grinding my way through Object.st and the Blue Book. Can I skip #copy, #shallowCopy, and #deepCopy for now?

Re: copy, et. al.

James Ladd
When the compiler sees a primitive in the form

<primitive: 75>

It compiles this into a call to the static method on Primitives called p75.
The signature for primitive methods is the same for all primitives to keep things simple.

I hope this is clear?