copy graphics from macintosh clipboard

1 message Options

copy graphics from macintosh clipboard

johnmci
Ok, after five intense hours I moved enough FFI code out of Sophie
into Pharo's extended clipboard
logic to let you copy a graphic in Apple's Preview application, and
*paste* that into Pharo which results
in a Form. Worked on the first do-it, most pleased.

Hints here are welcome, what do we do with it?

In Sophie we knew the context of the paste target so we knew if the
target wanted Image data or Text data.

I'm not sure if in Pharo with a Form handy we know what to do with it?

Oh and just to complicate things, little do you know but Microsoft
Word for example sticks *lots* on the
clipboard when you copy text from it.  A slight list would be

html
rtf
utf8 text
unicode text
utf16
macroman
ascii
(more MS types)

Oh and a JPEG/PNG/TIFF of the page!

This is a hassle since on the paste we have both an image and text,
which do you want?

Plus if you copy an image out of Word you get both the Image, oh and a
text description of the image.

--
=
=