correct seaside version

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

I am trying to load a working version of Seaside from the Cincom
Store, but I cannot seem to find the right one.

I am loading SeasideForWebToolkit 2.6b1.117.1 and I load all the
latest development from dependent packages. It all loads fine, but
when I try to access the page "http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/
browse", the image just quits without any notice.

I am working on an Intel Mac, and I am using VW 7.4.1 nc (the vm for
X11).

Cheers,
Doru

--
Tudor Adrian Girba                      Software Composition Group
(www.iam.unibe.ch/~girba)        University of Bern, Switzerland

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."

Re: correct seaside version

Rick Flower
Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to load a working version of Seaside from the Cincom Store,
> but I cannot seem to find the right one.
>
> I am loading SeasideForWebToolkit 2.6b1.117.1 and I load all the latest
> development from dependent packages. It all loads fine, but when I try
> to access the page "http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/browse", the image
> just quits without any notice.
>
> I am working on an Intel Mac, and I am using VW 7.4.1 nc (the vm for X11).

That is likely (I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong) due to you
running on an Intel Mac (vs. ppc based).. I'm not sure if they've got
out the updated VM for the Intel Mac yet or not.

Re: correct seaside version

jtuchel
Your problem is not the seaside version but a known bug in the VM. You
need the latest 7.4d VMs from the Cincom site. If you look for a
pointer, check James Robertson Blog or the cincom smalltalk website. You
should find the link quite easily.

Greetings,

Joachim

Re: correct seaside version

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

I downloaded the 7.4.1d vm. I only managed to start VW from the
command line from within X11, but Seaside worked just fine :)

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Doru

--
Tudor Adrian Girba                      Software Composition Group
(www.iam.unibe.ch/~girba)        University of Bern, Switzerland

"To lead is not to demand things, is to make them happen."