could metacello be hosted on ss3 or smalltalkhub or not load configurationOfHelp?

could metacello be hosted on ss3 or smalltalkhub or not load configurationOfHelp?

Stéphane Ducasse
because right now we cannot load configurations because it requires configuration of Help and
squeaksource is done.
It would be good to have a small version of metacello just loading the bare minimum.

Re: could metacello be hosted on ss3 or smalltalkhub or not load configurationOfHelp?

Frank Shearar-3
If it's a question of availability, Metacello's canonical repository
is actually here: http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/metacello. This has
as its latest version dkh.694.

frank

On 22 June 2012 08:35, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> because right now we cannot load configurations because it requires configuration of Help and
> squeaksource is done.
> It would be good to have a small version of metacello just loading the bare minimum.
>
> Stef

Re: could metacello be hosted on ss3 or smalltalkhub or not load configurationOfHelp?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
because right now we cannot load configurations because it requires configuration of Help and
squeaksource is done.
It would be good to have a small version of metacello just loading the bare minimum.
Sh*t, I'm working on this with Dale, have one small change to make... I'll do it now...

Here's a workaround. Use this instead of relying on the Metacello bootstrap. It enabled me to load the untrusted stable version of FFI via the Metacello Browser:
    Gofer it
        url: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/metacello';
        version: 'Metacello-Base-DaleHenrichs.19';
        version: 'Metacello-Core-dkh.468';
        version: 'Metacello-MC-dkh.531';
        version: 'Metacello-Platform.pharo-dkh.27';
        load.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: could metacello be hosted on ss3 or smalltalkhub or not load configurationOfHelp?

Dale Henrichs
Another plug for the latam mirror:)

Sean and I _are_ working on a new version of Metacello that will be more robust in the face of SqueakSource instability..

Dale

| > because right now we cannot load configurations because it requires
| > configuration of Help and
| > squeaksource is done.
| > It would be good to have a small version of metacello just loading
| > the
| > bare minimum.
| >

| Sh*t, I'm working on this with Dale, have one small change to make...
| I'll
| do it now...
|
| Here's a workaround. Use this instead of relying on the Metacello
| bootstrap.
| It enabled me to load the untrusted stable version of FFI via the
| Metacello
| Browser:
|     Gofer it
| url: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/metacello';
| version: 'Metacello-Base-DaleHenrichs.19';
| version: 'Metacello-Core-dkh.468';
| version: 'Metacello-MC-dkh.531';
| version: 'Metacello-Platform.pharo-dkh.27';
| load.
|
| Sean

Re: could metacello be hosted on ss3 or smalltalkhub or not load configurationOfHelp?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Dale Henrichs wrote
Sean and I _are_ working on a new version of Metacello that will be more robust in the face of SqueakSource instability..
Okay, I pushed the new config (ConfigurationOfMetacello-SeanDeNigris.695) to http://squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository and http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/metacello

The bootstrap should now only load the bare minimum to load configs (Metacello-{Base, Core, MC, Platform}).

If you do explicitly load dependent projects, it will also check the LatAm mirror for them if sqs is down...

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: could metacello be hosted on ss3 or smalltalkhub or not load configurationOfHelp?

The problem is that metacello load help which I do not care when loading another project and help is probably one squeak source :)

Stef

On Jun 22, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote
>>
>> because right now we cannot load configurations because it requires
>> configuration of Help and
>> squeaksource is done.
>> It would be good to have a small version of metacello just loading the
>> bare minimum.
>>

> Sh*t, I'm working on this with Dale, have one small change to make... I'll
> do it now...
>
> Here's a workaround. Use this instead of relying on the Metacello bootstrap.
> It enabled me to load the untrusted stable version of FFI via the Metacello
> Browser:
>    Gofer it
> url: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/metacello';
> version: 'Metacello-Base-DaleHenrichs.19';
> version: 'Metacello-Core-dkh.468';
> version: 'Metacello-MC-dkh.531';
> version: 'Metacello-Platform.pharo-dkh.27';
> load.
>
> Sean

Re: could metacello be hosted on ss3 or smalltalkhub or not load configurationOfHelp?

thanks a lot!!!
I will try that.
Having a small core is important because we are really planning to use Metacello to manage pharo core.

Stef