create windows with Pharo 2.0

Paolo Piccinelli
Good evening guys!

I've some questions about creating a window in Pharo. I'd like to do a program usable through windows, so i need some advice about how to create a window with some textField and buttons to submit what i write into the fields. Is it correct to use the StandardWindow? Is there something else that i need to know?

Thanks in Advance!
Best;
Paolo

Re: create windows with Pharo 2.0

Clément Béra
I'm not sure what you mean by window.

If by window you mean native window (i.e. another window than the pharo window), then you should have a look at the mars project.

If by window you mean a morphic window inside the pharo window, then you should have a look at spec (see AbstractSpec, MethodBrowser, ...)

If you want to do a professional application for non developers, then you will have to invest some time into design/graphics anyway.

StandardWindow is part of Morph so it is good enough to create windows but harder to use (you will have to spend more time on it) than Spec, which is a high level framework on top of Morphic. So I guess you want to use Spec.