createRoot

otto
Hi,

In my seaside application, I find that createRoot is called several
times by the WAInitialRenderLoopContinuation. rootComponentIfAbsent:
seem to expect that the rootComponent is set somewhere. But nothing
sets the rootComponent as far as I can see. So the effect is that our
rootComponent is re-created a lot.

Is this expected behaviour? Or am I not setting up my seaside app properly?

Thanks
Otto

Re: createRoot

Paul DeBruicker
Its created once per session.  Have you defined #canBeRoot in your main component on the class side?

MainComponent class>>#canBeRoot
^true

otto wrote
Hi,

In my seaside application, I find that createRoot is called several
times by the WAInitialRenderLoopContinuation. rootComponentIfAbsent:
seem to expect that the rootComponent is set somewhere. But nothing
sets the rootComponent as far as I can see. So the effect is that our
rootComponent is re-created a lot.

Is this expected behaviour? Or am I not setting up my seaside app properly?

Thanks
Otto

Re: createRoot

Johan Brichau-2
Indeed, should really only be created once per session.

If this is called multiple times, I would also expect your session state to be reset every time (since the root component is the root of the session state..)
So that would be really strange behavior.

Can you give us a reproducible case or maybe the configuration parameters you set for the render loop continuation classes to be used?

Johan

On 17 Jun 2015, at 23:11, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Its created once per session.  Have you defined #canBeRoot in your main
component on the class side?

MainComponent class>>#canBeRoot
^true

otto wrote
Hi,

In my seaside application, I find that createRoot is called several
times by the WAInitialRenderLoopContinuation. rootComponentIfAbsent:
seem to expect that the rootComponent is set somewhere. But nothing
sets the rootComponent as far as I can see. So the effect is that our
rootComponent is re-created a lot.

Is this expected behaviour? Or am I not setting up my seaside app
properly?

Thanks
Otto

Re: createRoot

otto
I don't override this method, but as far as I can see, it is ok
because we use WAAdmin register: <our root component class>
asApplicationAt: ...

If I understand this correctly, the override of canBeRoot is to select
a default root class in case there is none set?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:11 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Its created once per session.  Have you defined #canBeRoot in your main
> component on the class side?
>

> MainComponent class>>#canBeRoot
> ^true
>

> otto wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> In my seaside application, I find that createRoot is called several
>> times by the WAInitialRenderLoopContinuation. rootComponentIfAbsent:
>> seem to expect that the rootComponent is set somewhere. But nothing
>> sets the rootComponent as far as I can see. So the effect is that our
>> rootComponent is re-created a lot.
>>
>> Is this expected behaviour? Or am I not setting up my seaside app
>> properly?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Otto

Re: createRoot

Philippe Marschall
On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Otto Behrens <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't override this method, but as far as I can see, it is ok
> because we use WAAdmin register: <our root component class>
> asApplicationAt: ...
>
> If I understand this correctly, the override of canBeRoot is to select
> a default root class in case there is none set?

No, it's just for the web tools. Programmatically you should be able
to use any component as root.

Cheers
Philippe