creating input elements and compiler fail

creating input elements and compiler fail

sebastianconcept
Hey guys,

I need to execute from amber something like this:

$('<input />', {type: 'password'})

Why that instead of using the canvas to render and set its type?

Because I was requested to make the app work in IE7 and here the problem is pretty well explained:

http://snippets.webaware.com.au/snippets/internet-explorer-7-and-dynamically-created-form-inputs/

So the solution is really use type at the time you create the element, like this:

$('<input />', {type: 'password'})

or this:

$('<input type="password" />')

and now my problem is that amber seems to have a problem with those brackets when I try to inline js like this:

renderPasswordAfter: aJQuery on: html

<aJQuery.append($('<input type="password" />'))>

ideas? workarounds?

sebastian

Re: creating input elements and compiler fail

shaun gilchrist
'<input />' asJQuery attr: 'type' value: 'password'; appendTo: 'body'

Seems to work fine for me?

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Herby Vojčík

Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I need to execute from amber something like this:
>
> $('<input />', {type: 'password'})
>
> Why that instead of using the canvas to render and set its type?
>
> Because I was requested to make the app work in IE7 and here the problem
> is pretty well explained:
>
> http://snippets.webaware.com.au/snippets/internet-explorer-7-and-dynamically-created-form-inputs/
>
> So the solution is really use type at the time you create the element,
> like this:
>
> $('<input />', {type: 'password'})
>
> or this:
>
> $('<input type="password" />')
>
> and now my problem is that amber seems to have a problem with those
> brackets when I try to inline js like this:
>
> renderPasswordAfter: aJQuery on: html

You forgot the separator dot.

> <aJQuery.append($('<input type="password" />'))>

You must double > (and maybe also <) inside <inlineJS>

Herby

Re: creating input elements and compiler fail

sebastianconcept
fantastic :D

thank you very much!

Em sexta-feira, 1 de junho de 2012 18h04min06s UTC-3, shaunxcode escreveu:
[...]

thanks Herby!

doubling < isn't needed, only >

thanks for the push

Em sábado, 2 de junho de 2012 04h21min02s UTC-3, Herby escreveu:

Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I need to execute from amber something like this:
>
> $('<input />', {type: 'password'})
>
> Why that instead of using the canvas to render and set its type?
>
> Because I was requested to make the app work in IE7 and here the problem
> is pretty well explained:
>
> http://snippets.webaware.com.au/snippets/internet-explorer-7-and-dynamically-created-form-inputs/
>
> So the solution is really use type at the time you create the element,
> like this:
>
> $('<input />', {type: 'password'})
>
> or this:
>
> $('<input type="password" />')
>
> and now my problem is that amber seems to have a problem with those
> brackets when I try to inline js like this:
>
> renderPasswordAfter: aJQuery on: html

You forgot the separator dot.

> <aJQuery.append($('<input type="password" />'))>

You must double > (and maybe also <) inside <inlineJS>

> ideas? workarounds?
>
> sebastian

Herby