[croquet] Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

[croquet] Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

grit
Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool is now available for download!

Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
www.planet-plopp.com!
Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D objects very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your paintings into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist you. If you can do without help (and Plipp), try one of the versions for "professionals".
There are a number of different themes available, each coming with extra templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On the Farm, Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-ups.

All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number the Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can give painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number you can run as many themes as you like as full version!

Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it! (And send me comments, please.)

Check out the tutorial videos (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos (http://youtube.com/results?search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and cool Plopp paintings (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

RE: [croquet] Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

rhawley
Hi

No site licence?

Yours

Bob

Check out the tutorial videos (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos (http://youtube.com/results?search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and cool Plopp paintings (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

[croquet] Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

David Faught
The obvious question - does Plopp export the 3D scene in a format that Croquet
can import?

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Bert Freudenberg
On Mar 27, 2007, at 14:17 , Grit Schuster wrote:

> Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
> www.planet-plopp.com!
> Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D
> objects very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your
> paintings into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist
> you. If you can do without help (and Plipp), try one of the
> versions for "professionals".
> There are a number of different themes available, each coming with
> extra templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On
> the Farm, Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-
> ups.
>
> All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista
> coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number
> the Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can
> give painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number
> you can run as many themes as you like as full version!
>
> Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it!
> (And send me comments, please.)
>
> Check out the tutorial videos (http://www.planet-plopp.com/
> biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos (http://youtube.com/results?
> search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and cool Plopp paintings
> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

In case anybody is wondering - this is actually built in Squeak using
Croquet (sans networking) and Tweak (for the UI). There has been a
German-only version in stores since last April, this is the English
version. Check it out, it's fun, and my kids love it :)

- Bert -

Or, better yet, since according to Dr. Freudenberg Plopp was born out of
Croquet, can Plopp be "plugged in" to add value to the new SDK?

On Mar 27, 2007, at 16:28 , David Faught wrote:

> Dave Faught wrote:
>> The obvious question - does Plopp export the 3D scene in a format
>> that Croquet can import?
>
> Or, better yet, since according to Dr. Freudenberg Plopp was born
> out of
> Croquet, can Plopp be "plugged in" to add value to the new SDK?

Well, the basic painting algorithm is in the SDK forever.
Essentially, Plopp is just a kid-friendly UI for that algorithm.

- Bert -

Re: [croquet] Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Sachin Desai

How is this different to the German version other than the language.
I bought the German version last year from Amazon and was wondering
if I could use the themes with the version I have. I can't remember
if there
was a serial number that came with the German version, all I have is the
CD. Is there a way to somehow find the serial number or is the best
alternative to just purchase a serial number.

Great software, my children really love it!

Thanks.

-- Sachin.

On Mar 27, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Grit Schuster wrote:

> Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool is now available for download!
>
> Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
> www.planet-plopp.com!
> Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D
> objects very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your
> paintings into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist
> you. If you can do without help (and Plipp), try one of the
> versions for "professionals".
> There are a number of different themes available, each coming with
> extra templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On
> the Farm, Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-
> ups.
>
> All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista
> coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number
> the Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can
> give painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number
> you can run as many themes as you like as full version!
>
> Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it!
> (And send me comments, please.)
>
> Check out the tutorial videos (http://www.planet-plopp.com/
> biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos (http://youtube.com/results?
> search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and cool Plopp paintings
> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

But it's the UI that I like!  Simple enough even for me :-)

Re: [croquet] Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Peter Moore-5
Love it! I know what my little Sister is getting for her birthday this year. Thanks.

Peter Moore
University Technology Development Center
University of Minnesota

On Mar 27, 2007, at 7:17 AM, Grit Schuster wrote:

[...]

The German CD version didn't have a serial number. We built it for the Download version.
However, we think about how people who already purchased the CD-Version can get there own Serial Number without paying again. I will get in touch with you again when we discussed it internally. That will be next week. In the meantime you can try the demo modes and see which themes you like most.  ;)

Yours, Grit.

On 3/27/07, Sachin Desai <[hidden email]> wrote:

How is this different to the German version other than the language.
I bought the German version last year from Amazon and was wondering
if I could use the themes with the version I have. I can't remember
if there
was a serial number that came with the German version, all I have is the
CD. Is there a way to somehow find the serial number or is the best
alternative to just purchase a serial number.

Great software, my children really love it!

Thanks.

-- Sachin.

If, like me, you bought the German version, can you use the serial
number from that?

Keith

Re: Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

David P. Reed
In other words, the code is there...