cross platform (Grease) version of: GsSocket getLocalHostName / NetNameResolver localHostName

cross platform (Grease) version of: GsSocket getLocalHostName / NetNameResolver localHostName

Nick
Hi,

Is there a cross platform way to access:

GsSocket getLocalHostName    [Gemstone]
NetNameResolver localHostName  [Pharo] ?

If not should I add one to Grease, or should it be in Sport. Any guidelines on when Sport should be extended vs Grease?

Cheers

Nick

Re: cross platform (Grease) version of: GsSocket getLocalHostName / NetNameResolver localHostName

Dale Henrichs
On 04/26/2011 08:00 AM, Nick Ager wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a cross platform way to access:
>
> GsSocket getLocalHostName    [Gemstone]
> NetNameResolver localHostName  [Pharo] ?
>
> If not should I add one to Grease, or should it be in Sport. Any
> guidelines on when Sport should be extended vs Grease?
>
> Cheers
>
> Nick

Nick,

I would say that Grease is a little more active than Sport, so I would
add things to Grease right now ...

I'm tempted to say that NetNameResolver should be added to squeakcommon
or pharocommon as the first option for GemStone, since I'm interested in
having api fidelity for Pharo and Squeak...

Dale