curiousity, logo shown from google search

curiousity, logo shown from google search

Ben Coman
Just a curiousity, the RSqueak logo shows up by default for "Squeak"
google searches.  I guess since there is no plain large Squeak logo on
the page squeak.org.

cheers -ben

Screenshot-squeak - Google Search - Google Chrome.png (96K) Download Attachment

Re: curiousity, logo shown from google search

fniephaus

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 8:42 AM Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just a curiousity, the RSqueak logo shows up by default for "Squeak"
google searches.  I guess since there is no plain large Squeak logo on
the page squeak.org.

cheers -ben

That's interesting. I don't get this white box, but the RSqueak logo still shows up first.
Maybe it's because Google prefers PNG over SVG? Everything on the website is SVG (including the Squeak logo in the navbar [1]), unless we only have a PNG (which is the case for RSqueak).
There's some JavaScript in place that swaps all SVG images with the corresponding PNG version if the browser does not support SVG.
I'll try to figure out if that actually causes the problem, and how we can fix this.

Fabio