currentPlatformID wrong on Vista-OS

Dziedzic, Peter

Hello,

i just found out that "OSHandle currentPlatformID" returns the wrong result on my Vista 32-bit platform.
I get the following result: "win32 V5.1 nt i386 ucs2".

Vista should habe V6.
V5.1 is Windows XP!

Did somebody have the same problem?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - best regards,

Peter Dziedzic

--------------------------------------

Carl Zeiss Industrielle Meßtechnik GmbH/ Industrial Metrology
Softwareentwicklung/Software Development

P e t e r  D z i e d z i c

73446 Oberkochen, Germany

tel: +49 73 64 20-84 48
fax: +49 73 64 20-48 00
e-mail: [hidden email]
http://www.zeiss.de/imt

Carl Zeiss Industrielle Messtechnik GmbH
Carl-Zeiss-Straße 22, 73447 Oberkochen
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Dieter Kurz
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Rainer Ohnheiser, Felix Hoben, Hanspeter Mürle
Sitz der Gesellschaft: 73446 Oberkochen, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 501561, USt-IdNr.: DE 811 515 346

This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of this email, including saving, publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message or the contents is not permitted.

Re: currentPlatformID wrong on Vista-OS

Ralf Propach
On a 32-bit Vista Home Premium I get the correct result: "win32 V6.0 nt i386 ucs2".
I tried it with VisualWorks 7.6 and 7.7.

Kind Regards,

Ralf Propach

--
Ralf Propach, [hidden email]
Tel: +49 231 975 99 38   Fax: +49 231 975 99 20

Re: currentPlatformID wrong on Vista-OS

Holger Kleinsorgen-4
Am 29.03.2010 13:13, schrieb Dziedzic, Peter:

> i just found out that "OSHandle currentPlatformID" returns the wrong
> result on my Vista 32-bit platform.
> I get the following result: "win32 V5.1 nt i386 ucs2".
>
> Vista should habe V6.
> V5.1 is Windows XP!
>
> Did somebody have the same problem?

accidentally enabled compatibility settings?