dabbleDB sessions

Sophie424
I just noticed that my dabbleDB sessions no longer seem to "expire". Just
curious if dabble might now be using Gemstone (so sessions are persisted)?
Does it also use 1-VM per session to avoid committing session state?

Thanks - Sophie

Re: dabbleDB sessions

Avi Bryant-2
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:02 PM, itsme213 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just noticed that my dabbleDB sessions no longer seem to "expire". Just
> curious if dabble might now be using Gemstone (so sessions are persisted)?

No, we still run on Squeak.

Avi

Re: dabbleDB sessions

Nevin Pratt
Avi Bryant wrote:
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:02 PM, itsme213 [hidden email] wrote:

I just noticed that my dabbleDB sessions no longer seem to "expire". Just
curious if dabble might now be using Gemstone (so sessions are persisted)?

No, we still run on Squeak.

Avi

What session magic is happening, then?  Care to enlighten us?

Nevin

Re: dabbleDB sessions

Avi Bryant-2
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Nevin Pratt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What session magic is happening, then?  Care to enlighten us?

Mostly, we just have session expiry set to be really long.  This isn't
that big a deal because we snapshot and take down images that aren't
actively in use, so the session data is taking up disk space, not RAM.

As I've posted before, we use a massively multi-image architecture,
with many thousands of images per server, but typically only 10s of
images running at any one time.  It's not exactly one session per
image, but it often works out that way.

Avi