data set

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

To show how Moose can support the analysis of various data sets, I am looking for a case study containing a complex data structure that does not represent a software system, and a set of questions associated with it. Ideally, the data should be freely available and it should contain a set of entities with various properties and various relationships with other entities.

Anyone has any idea regarding such a case study?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

Re: data set

abergel
Hi Doru!

I like swimming. Swimovate is a watch that makes a geek swimmer happy: it records set and provides numerous data. Data is structured as a tree, not really a graph, even thought this is not impossible to find a graph structure.
I worked on analyzing swimming sets in moose. I haven't released the code yet. Does this go in what you're asking for?

Cheers,
Alexandre

Le 4 sept. 2011 à 19:46, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> To show how Moose can support the analysis of various data sets, I am looking for a case study containing a complex data structure that does not represent a software system, and a set of questions associated with it. Ideally, the data should be freely available and it should contain a set of entities with various properties and various relationships with other entities.
>
> Anyone has any idea regarding such a case study?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

Re: data set

simondenier

On 5 sept. 2011, at 01:46, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To show how Moose can support the analysis of various data sets, I am looking for a case study containing a complex data structure that does not represent a software system, and a set of questions associated with it. Ideally, the data should be freely available and it should contain a set of entities with various properties and various relationships with other entities.
>
> Anyone has any idea regarding such a case study?

A classic is analysis of "grouping/following" in orienteering, based on split times for each leg and each runner.

http://news.worldofo.com/2006/10/06/wc-one-two-three-many/
http://news.worldofo.com/2008/05/29/grouping-runners-eoc-long-final/

--
Simon Denier

Re: [Pharo-project] data set

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will try to look into them.

Cheers,
Doru

>>> http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/supplementary/1471-2164-9-96-s6.jpeg

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: data set

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks, Andre. I will take a look.

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Sep 2011, at 23:22, Andre Hora wrote:

> Links and links with datasets: http://kevinchai.net/datasets
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To show how Moose can support the analysis of various data sets, I am looking for a case study containing a complex data structure that does not represent a software system, and a set of questions associated with it. Ideally, the data should be freely available and it should contain a set of entities with various properties and various relationships with other entities.
>
> Anyone has any idea regarding such a case study?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."