debug continuations with gem native code enabled

debug continuations with gem native code enabled

GLASS mailing list
Hi there,

I don’t seem to be able to inspect a continuation’s stack trace in the object log when running Seaside 3.0.x gems in a GemStone 3.2 with gem native code enabled.
Trying to open the stack trace in Gemtools runs into an error 'a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject does not understand  #'localMethodAt:’

Did not try to use tODE yet in this case but is this to be expected or am I probably misconfiguring something somewhere?

thx for any pointers
Johan

Re: debug continuations with gem native code enabled

GLASS mailing list
Hi,

Following up on myself :)
Seems like this issue [1] is what I experience.

Fixed by applying the same code changes.

… catching up to do … :))

On 20 Apr 2017, at 18:54, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi there,

I don’t seem to be able to inspect a continuation’s stack trace in the object log when running Seaside 3.0.x gems in a GemStone 3.2 with gem native code enabled.
Trying to open the stack trace in Gemtools runs into an error 'a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010), a UndefinedObject does not understand  #'localMethodAt:’

Did not try to use tODE yet in this case but is this to be expected or am I probably misconfiguring something somewhere?

thx for any pointers
Johan

Re: debug continuations with gem native code enabled

GLASS mailing list
Dale,

Not sure if I understand what’s going on.

Since applying that patch with ‘self halt’ in the `saveExceptionContinuation` method, I can inspect the stack of the errors being logged again from gemtools.
Does this mean the Seaside gems are not running in native code anymore?
Or do you refer to the process inspecting the error stack? (more logically, I think)..

Johan

On 20 Apr 2017, at 22:39, Dale Henrichs via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Johan,

I'm referring to the process inspecting the error stack for GemTools ... the seaside gems are all running native code and are unaffected by the continuation code ...

Dale