debug vm windows?

Andrei Chis

Hi,

Is there a Pharo debug vm for windows already build and available somewhere?

Cheers,
Andrei

Re: debug vm windows?

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Andrei,

> On Jun 13, 2017, at 10:14 AM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Is there a Pharo debug vm for windows already build and available somewhere?

Why not build your own?  The Cygwin install is a bit tedious (remembering to install the right packages, including the mingw clang compiler and gmake).  But once done the build is simple.  And if you have a 64-bit windows installation (I'm using 64-bit windows 8.1) it can build the 32-bit vm just fine.

> Cheers,
> Andrei

Re: debug vm windows?

Andrei Chis

Hi Eliot,

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 11:59 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Andrei,

> On Jun 13, 2017, at 10:14 AM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Is there a Pharo debug vm for windows already build and available somewhere?

Why not build your own?  The Cygwin install is a bit tedious (remembering to install the right packages, including the mingw clang compiler and gmake).  But once done the build is simple.  And if you have a 64-bit windows installation (I'm using 64-bit windows 8.1) it can build the 32-bit vm just fine.

I went this route and compiled a debug vm.
Just would not be a bad idea to also generate debug/assert vms at least for stable versions. While not that hard compiling the vm takes some time.

Cheers,
Andrei