debugger "Step Out"

Ben Coman
A very quick note because its hardly important so I know I'll forget it.

Using MSVC recently and jumping back in the Pharo debugger
I had a moment when I missing their "Step Out" debugger feature.

Probably less important in Pharo where we tend to have shorter methods,
and you can always select up the stack and "Step Over",
but while I was in-the-flow "Step Out" was what the thing I wanted.

Anyway, just sharing the thought.

cheers -ben

Re: debugger "Step Out"

Nicolas Anquetil
+1

although you can mimick it by going down one level in the call stack and
do a step-over

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille

Re: debugger "Step Out"

Tim Mackinnon
When “step-through” was added, that was a lifesaver as we have many block iterations.

Step out would also be a few less clicks than run to curser ... so it sounds complimentary.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone