debugger feature I would pay for

stepharong
Hi doru

You have some features and I would love to use it for real.

Here is my scenario: I have a test failing in pillar dev but not in my
previous image. :(

I want to run a test in an image (green test).
        - get the test execution stack

In another image (dev), I would like to load the green test stack and
say to the debugger
        - execute the test in the local image up to there is a change
        by comparison with the other.

I would pay for this feature.

Re: debugger feature I would pay for

Ben Coman

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 12:53 AM, stepharong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi doru

You have some features and I would love to use it for real.

Here is my scenario: I have a test failing in pillar dev but not in my previous image. :(

I want to run a test in an image (green test).
        - get the test execution stack

In another image (dev), I would like to load the green test stack and
say to the debugger
        - execute the test in the local image up to there is a change
        by comparison with the other.

I would pay for this feature.

Stef

Hi Stef,

I hadn't put pen-to-paper** yet in response to your call for debugger features,
but your scenario is related, so here it is...

Sometimes it would be extremely useful to synchronously step two debuggers.
That is, you only push one <StepXxx> button, and both debuggers make that step.
My original idea was doing this just within one Image,
but having one of those debuggers being remote would be super cool.

cheers -ben

** is that still a valid saying, eh-hem, maybe now fingers-to-keyboard??