debugger

1 message Options

debugger

jtuchel
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the stupid effect of the debugger showing only the left part of the stack trace and the list of processes should be gone with newer versions of VAST on Windows Vista and 7. After switching to a Win 7 VM for my main development I realize the problem is still life and kicking.

This is one of those little things that you don't realize any more after a few days, because it has become part of my workflow to always resize a debugger when it pops up. This redraws all widgets in the debugger and thus you can read the full texts again.

What am I speaking of? When you get a debugger, only the left 40% or so of the process list and the stack trace is readable, the rest is plain white. Window decorations, buttons, scroll bars are there, but not text within the widgets. Resizing the debugger brings back the text and you can start debugging.

I remember having this for many releases already, up to 8.5 on Windows XP, Windows 2003 and 2008 (Terminal Servers), and Windows 7.