debugging server side amber-node apps

sebastianconcept
Hey there,

question...

how do you guys debug amber-node apps running at the server side?

do you  use node inspector?
http://howtonode.org/debugging-with-node-inspector

I'm playing a bit with making a server-side amber app and it's all pretty much okay until you need a feedback loop. Right now to get feedback I have to:

1. code in the IDE
2. save methods
3. commit changed packages
4. go to console and make a new version of the server.js I'm developing
5. restart the running node

Did anyone here find something better than that?

sebastian

o/

PS: if you are asking yourself why to do Amber server-side apps? read this:
http://sebastianconcept.com/brandIt/how-to-deliver-realtime-web-and-mobile-applications

Re: debugging server side amber-node apps

Nicolas Petton

Hi!

I'm working on a new IDE that could work remotely, addressing this issue
as well as some others :)

Now it's not ready, it needs quite some work, but we'll get there :)

PS: if someone wants to give a hand..

Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: debugging server side amber-node apps

sebastianconcept
OMG smalltalkers where are you???

don't you want world domination??!!

come on you guys!

let's have some hack!!!

sebastian

o/

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: debugging server side amber-node apps

sebastianconcept
Nicolas, please tell people how they can/should help you

sebastian

o/

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:19:42 AM UTC-2, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
OMG smalltalkers where are you???

don't you want world domination??!!

come on you guys!

let's have some hack!!!

sebastian

o/

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:09:28 AM UTC-2, nicolas petton wrote:

Hi!

I'm working on a new IDE that could work remotely, addressing this issue
as well as some others :)

Now it's not ready, it needs quite some work, but we'll get there :)

PS: if someone wants to give a hand..

Nico

Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hey there,
>
> question...
>
> how do you guys debug amber-node apps running at the server side?
>
> do you  use node inspector?
> http://howtonode.org/debugging-with-node-inspector
>
> I'm playing a bit with making a server-side amber app and it's all pretty
> much okay until you need a feedback loop. Right now to get feedback I have
> to:
>
> 1. code in the IDE
> 2. save methods
> 3. commit changed packages
> 4. go to console and make a new version of the server.js I'm developing
> 5. restart the running node
>
> Did anyone here find something better than that?
>
> sebastian
>
> o/
>
> PS: if you are asking yourself why to do Amber server-side apps? read this:
> http://sebastianconcept.com/brandIt/how-to-deliver-realtime-web-and-mobile-applications

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: debugging server side amber-node apps

shaun gilchrist
Yes, what help do you need?

http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: debugging server side amber-node apps

Nicolas Petton
hi guys,

I'll be setting up a trello board to help with contributions and directions of Amber.

More soon :)

Nico