decompiledSource

Herve Verjus
Hello All,

I would like to port some VisualWorks code into Pharo. The VW current
project code uses VW Kernel.decompiledSource that does not seem to be
implemented in Pharo...Is there a Pharo method that does the same...Is
there someone with an idea ?

Thank you...

Herve

Re: decompiledSource

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Sep 23, 2010, at 1:35 18PM, Herve Verjus wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to port some VisualWorks code into Pharo. The VW current project code uses VW Kernel.decompiledSource that does not seem to be implemented in Pharo...Is there a Pharo method that does the same...Is there someone with an idea ?
>
> Thank you...
>
> Herve
If you mean CompiledBlock/CompiledCode #decompiledSource, I think the equivalent in Pharo would be BlockClosure / CompiledMethod #decompile

Cheers,
Henry

Re: decompiledSource

herve if the suggestion of henrik does not help you let us know what kind of crazy stuff you are doing :)

Stef

On Sep 23, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2010, at 1:35 18PM, Herve Verjus wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I would like to port some VisualWorks code into Pharo. The VW current project code uses VW Kernel.decompiledSource that does not seem to be implemented in Pharo...Is there a Pharo method that does the same...Is there someone with an idea ?
>>
>> Thank you...
>>
>> Herve
> If you mean CompiledBlock/CompiledCode #decompiledSource, I think the equivalent in Pharo would be BlockClosure / CompiledMethod #decompile
>
> Cheers,
> Henry

Re: decompiledSource

Eliot Miranda-2

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Henrik Johansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sep 23, 2010, at 1:35 18PM, Herve Verjus wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to port some VisualWorks code into Pharo. The VW current project code uses VW Kernel.decompiledSource that does not seem to be implemented in Pharo...Is there a Pharo method that does the same...Is there someone with an idea ?
>
> Thank you...
>
> Herve
If you mean CompiledBlock/CompiledCode #decompiledSource, I think the equivalent in Pharo would be BlockClosure / CompiledMethod #decompile

Actually #decompileString.  #decompile answers a parse tree.

Cheers,
Henry