deploying a 3.0 app

SeanTAllen
Is there a good faq listing anywhere of all the changes in settings
you should make when deploying a 3.0 application?

Re: deploying a 3.0 app

jgfoster
On Jan 6, 2010, at 3:29 PM, Sean Allen wrote:

> Is there a good faq listing anywhere of all the changes in settings
> you should make when deploying a 3.0 application?

There is a "New in Seaside 3.0" link on http://seaside.st/community/contribute.

James

Re: deploying a 3.0 app

SeanTAllen
I dont see anything on that page that address what you should do when
deploying a 3.0 app.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM, James Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jan 6, 2010, at 3:29 PM, Sean Allen wrote:
>
>> Is there a good faq listing anywhere of all the changes in settings
>> you should make when deploying a 3.0 application?
>
> There is a "New in Seaside 3.0" link on http://seaside.st/community/contribute.
>
> James

Re: deploying a 3.0 app

Lukas Renggli
The [Seaside Book][1] has a chapter on [deployment][2]. It describes
how I typically deploy a Seaside application.

  [1]: http://book.seaside.st/book/
  [2]: http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/deployment-apache

2010/1/7 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:
> Is there a good faq listing anywhere of all the changes in settings
> you should make when deploying a 3.0 application?

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: deploying a 3.0 app

SeanTAllen
I apparently wasnt very clear.

Seaside 2.8 had a deployment mode to turn off halos, etc, lock the
seaside installation down.
Seaside 3 seems to have broken this off into different parts and we
are about to deploy a
Seaside 3 application w/o feeling particular good about our understand
of what needs to
be done to lock the application down.

Is there an faq entry for Seaside 3 that address the 'this is what you
should do to lock your
application down when deploying' questions? Or a blog post or two...

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The [Seaside Book][1] has a chapter on [deployment][2]. It describes
> how I typically deploy a Seaside application.
>
>  [1]: http://book.seaside.st/book/
>  [2]: http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/deployment-apache
>
> 2010/1/7 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:
>> Is there a good faq listing anywhere of all the changes in settings
>> you should make when deploying a 3.0 application?

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: deploying a 3.0 app

SeanTAllen
Or am I wrong in assuming:

http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/deployment-preparing

Is for Seaside 2.8 and not Seaside 3?

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Sean Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I apparently wasnt very clear.
>
> Seaside 2.8 had a deployment mode to turn off halos, etc, lock the
> seaside installation down.
> Seaside 3 seems to have broken this off into different parts and we
> are about to deploy a
> Seaside 3 application w/o feeling particular good about our understand
> of what needs to
> be done to lock the application down.
>
> Is there an faq entry for Seaside 3 that address the 'this is what you
> should do to lock your
> application down when deploying' questions? Or a blog post or two...
>

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The [Seaside Book][1] has a chapter on [deployment][2]. It describes
>> how I typically deploy a Seaside application.
>>
>>  [1]: http://book.seaside.st/book/
>>  [2]: http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/deployment-apache
>>
>> 2010/1/7 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:
>>> Is there a good faq listing anywhere of all the changes in settings
>>> you should make when deploying a 3.0 application?
>>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: deploying a 3.0 app

Philippe Marschall
2010/1/7 Sean Allen <[hidden email]>:

> I apparently wasnt very clear.
>
> Seaside 2.8 had a deployment mode to turn off halos, etc, lock the
> seaside installation down.
> Seaside 3 seems to have broken this off into different parts and we
> are about to deploy a
> Seaside 3 application w/o feeling particular good about our understand
> of what needs to
> be done to lock the application down.
>
> Is there an faq entry for Seaside 3 that address the 'this is what you
> should do to lock your
> application down when deploying' questions? Or a blog post or two...

The idea is that you don't load the packages

Seaside-Development-*
Seaside-*-Development
and ideally
Seaside-Tools-*

code so there's nothing to configure and disable because it's just not there.

Cheers
Philippe