deploying a desktop GUI based image

Sebastian Heidbrink-2
Hi all!

I asked this question on the Moose list already ,but it seems nobody can
help me there.

I would liek to deploy a pharo app based on Glamour and Roassal as a
"hands on demo".

I was told Damien's Pharo launcher is currently somehow the reference
implementation for a "fullscreen" pharo application.
The pharo launcher is SPEC based and this provides some functionality
regarding that but Glamour doesn't. So I assume there must be a
"general" way to do it.
Unfortunately I am not able to tell the Galmour Browser to be
"fullscreen" and i also want to make sure nobody is able to get access
to the code or pharo related tools.

Does anybody here have experience in that or has a link to a
documentation regarding this?
The only stuff Ia was able to find is seaside headless related
deployment but nothing for UI based images.

Thank you for any help!
Sebastian

Re: deploying a desktop GUI based image

Thierry Goubier
Hi Sebastian,

there is a top-level approach to do that via Morphic, which is to call openFullScreen in a StandardWindow instance.

If you can get a hold of the top-level window of your Glamour before it opens, then you just have to send openFullScreen to it. SpecWindow inherit from StandardWindow, so I suspect this is what it uses.

Beware, it's really full screen: once launched, closing that window interactively is challenging.

Thierry

[...]

Hi Thierry,

This does somehow not really work.
I get an error due to the fact that a BrickWrapper's state is undefined and therefore does not understand  "isOnParent".

So this is why I thought there must be a different way for GLMSystemWindow or other non SPEC windows.

I'll check with the Moose guys again!
Thank you!
Sebastian

Am 21.04.2015 um 06:55 schrieb Thierry Goubier:
[...]

Andrei Chis
Hi Sebastian,

Can you give us more info about the error that you are getting and maybe a way to reproduce it.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Chris,

this is the basic idea. One will have to find the right instance. In my case this is executed suring the startup process while there are no windows opened.

    | browser |
    browser := GLMTabulator new.
    browser openOn: ($a to: $d).

    GLMSystemWindow allInstances first openFullscreen

Hope that helps
Sebastian

Am 21.04.2015 um 07:33 schrieb Andrei Chis:
[...]

Why not execute this code:

| browser |
browser := GLMTabulator new.
(browser openOn: ($a to: $d)) openFullscreen.

When calling 'GLMSystemWindow allInstances first' you must have only a single
window in the system (including windows that have been closed but not garbaged collected).

Cheers,
Andrei

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi again!

well this is weird.
I tried it and it worked!
My tool now also starts in fullscreen mode.
Well then I assume ther emust have been something reinitialiyed while doing your Example browser test.

That is weird.

Well, then forget the whole thread!
Everything is fine and I might just have had an inconsistancy in my image.

Sebastian

Am 21.04.2015 um 07:57 schrieb Andrei Chis:
[...]

HilaireFernandes
Hi Sebastian,

You may want to look at the  DrGeo desktop application.
There is no documentation but you can dig in
the DrGeoInstaller class[1] and the shell build script[2]

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~HilaireFernandes/DrGeo
[2]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~drgeo-developers/drgeo/trunk/files/head:/build/

Hilaire