description translation

cbeler
Is it easy to associate different language for description - (to
automatically translate a UI ?)
It's mainly all a question of String translation, maybe we can use the
message translated ... but where to store the different values ...

Is it feasible ?

Cheers

Cédrick

Re: description translation

Lukas Renggli-2
> Is it easy to associate different language for description - (to
> automatically translate a UI ?)
> It's mainly all a question of String translation, maybe we can use the
> message translated ... but where to store the different values ...
>
> Is it feasible ?

Yes, this is feasible easily. There is no direct support in Magritte
or Pier itself, but that can be done with your preferred string
translating framework.

What we usually do at netstyle.ch is to have a special special class
TranslatedString that provides the same interface as the String
class, but consists of a collection of translated strings. Depending
on the selected language in the session, the TranslatedString
instance behaves like one of its containing strings. This approach
works well with Magritte.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: description translation

cbeler

>What we usually do at netstyle.ch is to have a special special class
>TranslatedString that provides the same interface as the String
>class, but consists of a collection of translated strings. Depending
>on the selected language in the session, the TranslatedString
>instance behaves like one of its containing strings. This approach
>works well with Magritte.

When time comes, I ll try that... not very clear for me right now...
is there a message that is applied to a string...
like  'class' translated
or does it mean instead of assiocating a string to a label or options
or... we associate an instance of a TranslatedString (in this case, do
you use a shortcut constructor method)
or maybe this is something like
'text' creates a TranlatedString if defined and behave like a string ?

Cédrick