dirty package

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

in the image 20231 on Jenkins there is a dirty package KernelTests.

-- Pavel

Re: dirty package

Marcus Denker-4

On Jul 23, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the image 20231 on Jenkins there is a dirty package KernelTests.

this is fixed in 20232... we really need to get jenkins again to automatically update.

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: dirty package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
this is fixed in 20232... we really need to get jenkins again to automatically update.
I tried a bunch of things and can't get it to work. It's hard to tell what's going on without command line access. If I don't put a frequency for the URL trigger to poll the update list, the trigger claims to check, but seems to always report that there were no changes. If I put a frequency e.g. "*/5 * * * *", it doesn't seem to poll at all. Intermittently, it complains about a 502 error. I thought it might have something to do with the proxy, but christophe said there should be unrestricted access from Jenkins to the forge. I updated the plugin, which didn't seem to help, so I rolled it back to rule out other problems. I guess I'll update it again... n.b. URL Trigger works on my personal server, running Jenkins ver.1.472, with URL Trigger v. 0.23.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: dirty package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
I guess I'll update it again...
Looks like the plugin is back at the latest version already. Can/should we update to latest Jenkins?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: dirty package

Yanni Chiu
On 24/07/12 4:21 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

>  I updated the plugin, which didn't seem to help, so I rolled it back
> to rule out other problems. I guess I'll update it again... n.b. URL Trigger
> works on my personal server, running Jenkins ver.1.472, with URL Trigger v.
> 0.23.

Looking at the configuration of Pharo-2.0 build, under the "Build
Triggers" section there are two URL triggers.

(1) Build when a URL's content changes
Hudson will check the URL you specify and download its content. If the
content changes, Hudson will launch a build.

(2) [URLTrigger] - Poll with a URL
Configure Jenkins to poll URLs.
For each URL, you can check the last modification date and/or the contents.

The [URLTrigger] plugin is selected, but under "Inspect URL content",
there doesn't seem to be anything configured. Should it have something?

Also, maybe the other URL trigger works? So the plugin [URLTrigger] is
no longer needed.

Re: dirty package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Yanni Chiu wrote
Looking at the configuration of Pharo-2.0 build, under the "Build
Triggers" section there are two URL triggers.
IIRC neither worked, and I think I had the same configuration for the URL Trigger working on my machine, but I'll double-check that...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: dirty package

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2012-07-25, at 02:37, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Yanni Chiu wrote
>>
>> Looking at the configuration of Pharo-2.0 build, under the "Build
>> Triggers" section there are two URL triggers.
>>

> IIRC neither worked, and I think I had the same configuration for the URL
> Trigger working on my machine, but I'll double-check that...

I'll check today with our Jenkins master... this is really annoying

Re: dirty package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Camillo Bruni-3 wrote
I'll check today with our Jenkins master... this is really annoying
I also created an issue for the URLTrigger plugin (https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-14607) and updated our issue http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6076
Cheers,
Sean

Re: dirty package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
we really need to get jenkins again to automatically update.
The build triggers should be working again (okay with a test url). I updated the configs for 1.4 and 2.0. The magic invocation of URLTrigger configuration was:
* Inspect URL content
* Monitor a change of the content
I couldn't get it to work with any other combination except only and exactly those two.

Whoever integrates the next update, please give Jenkins a minute or two to trigger before you build manually and let me know if everything was okay.

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: dirty package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
The magic invocation of URLTrigger configuration was:
* Inspect URL content
* Monitor a change of the content
I forgot to mention to also specify a cron-style frequency.

Here (on Nabble) is a screenshot of a valid/working trigger configuration...

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean