disabling ecompletion in PharoCore-1.1-11383

disabling ecompletion in PharoCore-1.1-11383

Dale Henrichs
ecompletion does not show up in the preferences browser so I am at a
loss to turn it off ... it is annoying enough that I've spent a fair
amount of time cruising the image looking for a way to turn off a
preference (plenty of protocol for getting the preference values...) and
I've examined the every option in the preferences browser looking for an
option that makes sense ... I know this is beta and unstable so put my
complaint down to grouchiness:)

maybe I will have found the magic by the time anyone can answer me:)

Dale

Re: disabling ecompletion in PharoCore-1.1-11383

Dale Henrichs
Dale Henrichs wrote:

> ecompletion does not show up in the preferences browser so I am at a
> loss to turn it off ... it is annoying enough that I've spent a fair
> amount of time cruising the image looking for a way to turn off a
> preference (plenty of protocol for getting the preference values...) and
> I've examined the every option in the preferences browser looking for an
> option that makes sense ... I know this is beta and unstable so put my
> complaint down to grouchiness:)
>
> maybe I will have found the magic by the time anyone can answer me:)
>
> Dale

I finally found #disable: hidden amongst the rest of the methods, but
not before I completely hosed myself by putting an invalid value into
the preferences dictionary ... who'd a thunk that putting a false in
their would totally lock the image and prevent me from doing any typing
...I know, I know, I should of saved my image:)

Sorry for the interruption...

Dale

Re: disabling ecompletion in PharoCore-1.1-11383

garduino
2010/6/7 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> Dale Henrichs wrote:
>
> I finally found #disable: hidden amongst the rest of the methods, but not
> before I completely hosed myself by putting an invalid value into the
> preferences dictionary ... who'd a thunk that putting a false in their would
> totally lock the image and prevent me from doing any typing ...I know, I
> know, I should of saved my image:)

hehe, seems that to all of us, no matter how much experience we have,
from time to time we are very capable of freeze our image and lose
things .. :)

Cheers.
Germán.

Re: disabling ecompletion in PharoCore-1.1-11383

Dale Henrichs
Haha,

When I'm 101 I'll stop making mistakes....voluntarily!

Dale

Germán Arduino wrote:

> 2010/6/7 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
>> Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>
>> I finally found #disable: hidden amongst the rest of the methods, but not
>> before I completely hosed myself by putting an invalid value into the
>> preferences dictionary ... who'd a thunk that putting a false in their would
>> totally lock the image and prevent me from doing any typing ...I know, I
>> know, I should of saved my image:)
>>

> hehe, seems that to all of us, no matter how much experience we have,
> from time to time we are very capable of freeze our image and lose
> things .. :)
>
> Cheers.
> Germán.

Re: disabling ecompletion in PharoCore-1.1-11383

garduino
hehe, Same here, 101 or even more....why not 120 (as like to say a
young friend of me :) )