display form in window; move it around; close it

display form in window; move it around; close it

Kristoff vdH
Hello, all. I plan on visualizing fractals in Pharo sometime soon.
However, there is a bit of a snag. I've figured out enough to write
pixels to a form and save it as an image. However, that lacks the
immediacy of being able to see it right in Pharo. Morphic is very
confusing so what I'd like to know is how I can draw an image in a
window, have all the normal window stuff like move and resize, maybe
update it, then delete it when I'm done.

TIA

Re: display form in window; move it around; close it

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 11, 2011, at 7:43 AM, C. Hever wrote:

> Hello, all. I plan on visualizing fractals in Pharo sometime soon.
> However, there is a bit of a snag. I've figured out enough to write
> pixels to a form and save it as an image. However, that lacks the
> immediacy of being able to see it right in Pharo. Morphic is very
> confusing so what I'd like to know is how I can draw an image in a
> window, have all the normal window stuff like move and resize, maybe
> update it, then delete it when I'm done.
>
> TIA

i := ImageMorph new
        image: ThemeIcons confirmIcon  ;
        openInWorld

then  SystemWindow
                ... addMorph: i.

Re: display form in window; move it around; close it

Kristoff vdH
Monsieur Ducasse! I really appreciate your book collection. One
question remains though: how do I change the picture in the
ImageMorph? Can I give it a Form object?

Also SystemWindow addMorph: i. raises #doesNotUnderstand

TIA

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2011, at 7:43 AM, C. Hever wrote:
>
>> Hello, all. I plan on visualizing fractals in Pharo sometime soon.
>> However, there is a bit of a snag. I've figured out enough to write
>> pixels to a form and save it as an image. However, that lacks the
>> immediacy of being able to see it right in Pharo. Morphic is very
>> confusing so what I'd like to know is how I can draw an image in a
>> window, have all the normal window stuff like move and resize, maybe
>> update it, then delete it when I'm done.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> i := ImageMorph new
>        image: ThemeIcons confirmIcon  ;
>        openInWorld
>
> then  SystemWindow
>                ... addMorph: i.

Re: display form in window; move it around; close it

Denis Kudriashov
Or just

ImageMorph new
       image: ThemeIcons confirmIcon  ;
       openInWindow

2011/8/11 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

On Aug 11, 2011, at 7:43 AM, C. Hever wrote:

> Hello, all. I plan on visualizing fractals in Pharo sometime soon.
> However, there is a bit of a snag. I've figured out enough to write
> pixels to a form and save it as an image. However, that lacks the
> immediacy of being able to see it right in Pharo. Morphic is very
> confusing so what I'd like to know is how I can draw an image in a
> window, have all the normal window stuff like move and resize, maybe
> update it, then delete it when I'm done.
>
> TIA

i := ImageMorph new
       image: ThemeIcons confirmIcon  ;
       openInWorld

then  SystemWindow
               ... addMorph: i.

Re: display form in window; move it around; close it

Alain rastoul
or:
| w i |
w := SystemWindow new.
i := ImageMorph new image: ThemeIcons confirmIcon.
w addMorph: i  frame: (0@0 corner: 1@1). "frame is full window content"
w openInWorld.

to create an ImageMorph with a form:
i := ImageMorph withForm: aForm.      "aForm is my form created somwhere
else"

HTH

"C. Hever" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans
le message de
news:[hidden email]...

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2011, at 7:43 AM, C. Hever wrote:
>
>> Hello, all. I plan on visualizing fractals in Pharo sometime soon.
>> However, there is a bit of a snag. I've figured out enough to write
>> pixels to a form and save it as an image. However, that lacks the
>> immediacy of being able to see it right in Pharo. Morphic is very
>> confusing so what I'd like to know is how I can draw an image in a
>> window, have all the normal window stuff like move and resize, maybe
>> update it, then delete it when I'm done.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> i := ImageMorph new
> image: ThemeIcons confirmIcon ;
> openInWorld
>
> then SystemWindow
> ... addMorph: i.

Re: display form in window; move it around; close it

Kristoff vdH
Thanks I'll try that and see how well it works.