displaying photos or images

ching
Hi,

I would like to add photographs or images to my page and I have this:

            e addImage: 'photos\pap.jpg';

There are no errors but no photos are displayed either. The browser says "Waiting for localhost"
What is the proper way to display photos in Aida?

Ching de la Serna

Re: displaying photos or images

Herbert König
Hi Ching,

CdlS> I would like to add photographs or images to my page and I have this:

CdlS>             e addImage: 'photos\pap.jpg';

not really sure but I believe, this defaults to a methodImage (a
method returning a ByteArray containing the contents of the image).

For small resources WebMethodResources are a cool thing because they
are versioned with Monticello.

See e.g. the comment in WebStyle>>importImage:from:

CdlS> There are no errors but no photos are displayed either. The browser says
CdlS> "Waiting for localhost"

I seem to remember this behaviour too.

CdlS> What is the proper way to display photos in Aida?

When I wanted to display images I used:
'file:///GobiBild001.jpg'
where the images where in the same folder as the Smalltalk image. So
it should be 'file://photos/pap.jpg' in your case.

CdlS> Ching de la Serna

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: displaying photos or images

Janko Mivšek
Hi Ching,

I think you provided an Url without '/' at the start (and '\' intead of
'/'), so it is wrongly relative to Url of your current page. Add '/' to
the start of Url, so that it will be relative to the home directory,
which is where image was started:

        e addImage: '/photos/pap.jpg'

Also check if home directory is correct in your OS

        AIDASite default homeDirectory
                "should be '\.' on Wins, '/.' on Linux"

Hope this helps
Janko

On 10. 02. 2011 17:54, Herbert König wrote:

> Hi Ching,
>
> CdlS> I would like to add photographs or images to my page and I have this:
>
> CdlS>             e addImage: 'photos\pap.jpg';
>
> not really sure but I believe, this defaults to a methodImage (a
> method returning a ByteArray containing the contents of the image).
>
> For small resources WebMethodResources are a cool thing because they
> are versioned with Monticello.
>
> See e.g. the comment in WebStyle>>importImage:from:
>
> CdlS> There are no errors but no photos are displayed either. The browser says
> CdlS> "Waiting for localhost"
>
> I seem to remember this behaviour too.
>
> CdlS> What is the proper way to display photos in Aida?
>
> When I wanted to display images I used:
> 'file:///GobiBild001.jpg'
> where the images where in the same folder as the Smalltalk image. So
> it should be 'file://photos/pap.jpg' in your case.
>
> CdlS> Ching de la Serna
>

> Cheers,
>
> Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si