displaying photos

ching
Hi,

I was able to display photos by this method:
e addImage: 'http://somedomain.com/somephoto.jpg'

Is there a way to display an image from within my directory and not from a different site? I tried this, as suggested by Herbert, e addImage: 'file://photo/pap.jpg' but no image was displayed. Perhaps it should be written another way?

Thanks in advance.

Ching de la Serna

Re: displaying photos

Nicholas Moore
I do it like this for example:

        (e newCell)
                align: #left;
                addImage: 'images/default.jpg' size: 180 @ 135.

Where 'images' is a directory at the default (./) level.

Nicholas

On Friday 11 Feb 2011 17:43:30 Ching de la Serna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was able to display photos by this method:
> e addImage: 'http://somedomain.com/somephoto.jpg'
>
> Is there a way to display an image from within my directory and not from a
> different site? I tried this, as suggested by Herbert, e addImage:
> 'file://photo/pap.jpg' but no image was displayed. Perhaps it should be
> written another way?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ching de la Serna

Re: displaying photos

Janko Mivšek
Ching, did you try as I proposed in my previous answer:

        e addImage: '/photos/pap.jpg'

Best regards
Janko

On 11. 02. 2011 17:43, Ching de la Serna wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was able to display photos by this method:
> e addImage: 'http://somedomain.com/somephoto.jpg'
>
> Is there a way to display an image from within my directory and not from
> a different site? I tried this, as suggested by Herbert, e addImage:
> 'file://photo/pap.jpg' but no image was displayed. Perhaps it should be
> written another way?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ching de la Serna

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Popup window

Dirk Verleysen-2
Anyone has a code example for using a popup window. Let me make myself
clearer.

When I move over a link I want a popup with a picture and some text.
When I'm no longer on the link the popup should close.

Thanks,

Dirk

Re: Popup window

FDominicus
Dirk Verleysen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Anyone has a code example for using a popup window. Let me make myself
> clearer.
>
> When I move over a link I want a popup with a picture and some text.
> When I'm no longer on the link the popup should close.
Kind of funny that you come up with this. I  just talked to Janko
yesterday about it and there is no such support yet, as far as I have
understood.

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: Popup window

Dirk Verleysen-2
Op 24/03/2011 7:50, Friedrich Dominicus schreef:

> Dirk Verleysen<[hidden email]>  writes:
>
>> Anyone has a code example for using a popup window. Let me make myself
>> clearer.
>>
>> When I move over a link I want a popup with a picture and some text.
>> When I'm no longer on the link the popup should close.
> Kind of funny that you come up with this. I  just talked to Janko
> yesterday about it and there is no such support yet, as far as I have
> understood.

:(

Re: Popup window

FDominicus
Dirk Verleysen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Op 24/03/2011 7:50, Friedrich Dominicus schreef:
>> Dirk Verleysen<[hidden email]>  writes:
>>
>>> Anyone has a code example for using a popup window. Let me make myself
>>> clearer.
>>>
>>> When I move over a link I want a popup with a picture and some text.
>>> When I'm no longer on the link the popup should close.
>> Kind of funny that you come up with this. I  just talked to Janko
>> yesterday about it and there is no such support yet, as far as I have
>> understood.
>>
> :(
Well he has sais he'll work on it....

Regards