displaying tags

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

I would like to display a tag in the form of a button that is smaller
and less prominent than a usual button. See the attached picture for
an example taken from the Things program running on Mac.

I want to use these tags next to items in in lists or trees, so,
ideally the size of the button would be the size of the regular font
of a list entry.

I looked in the UITheme class, but I could find anything that would
resemble this look. Is there someone that has already done this?
Otherwise does anyone have suggestions?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Picture 1.png (8K) Download Attachment

Re: displaying tags

Gary Chambers-4
It is possible to use themes on a per-morph basis.
The UIThemeStandardSqueak should do.

((UITheme builder newButtonFor: nil action: nil getEnabled: nil label: 'tag'
help: nil) theme: UIThemeStandardSqueak new)
onColor: Color white offColor: Color paleBlue;
useRoundedCorners;
openInHand

Regards, Gary