do-it shortcut unification

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

I find it quite confusing that there is always different shortcut for do it:

* Playground: alt + shift + g
* Inspector: alt + g
* Roassal Easel: alt + s

Can this be unified?

Peter

Re: do-it shortcut unification

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I find it quite confusing that there is always different shortcut for do it:

* Playground: alt + shift + g

This is not correct. Cmd+Shift+g means "Do It All and Go". So, it is essentially the same as Cmd+a, Cmd+g.  Cmd+g works as expected and it means "Do it and go" on the current selection.

* Inspector: alt + g
* Roassal Easel: alt + s

This does not mean quite the same as Cmd+g because it does not relate to the selection and because it is not an inspection. It feels somewhat more similar to accepting a method, but I am not so strongly for it.

Cheers,
Doru

Can this be unified?

Peter

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: do-it shortcut unification

Peter Uhnak
This does not mean quite the same as Cmd+g because it does not relate to the selection and because it is not an inspection. It feels somewhat more similar to accepting a method, but I am not so strongly for it.

With the explanation it makes more sense to me now, thanks!

Peter

Re: do-it shortcut unification

Ben Coman

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:48 AM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
This does not mean quite the same as Cmd+g because it does not relate to the selection and because it is not an inspection. It feels somewhat more similar to accepting a method, but I am not so strongly for it.

With the explanation it makes more sense to me now, thanks!

Lots of things make sense AFTER the explanation - like some of the harder 3D stereographic hidden pictures where you can't see anything until someone says "its a shark" and then suddenly you can't stop seeing the shark.  The trick is how to work with people's intuition before the explanation (which is hard to do) or work out how to convey the explanation without needing mail-list questions. Anyway, keep up the good work.

cheers -ben