do we "how to use Announcements" somewhere

do we "how to use Announcements" somewhere

Peter Uhnak
I was just explaining how Announcer/Announcements work to somebody because I couldn't find any online resource, but I thought I saw it somewhere.

Do we have it explained in some book?

Peter

Re: do we "how to use Announcements" somewhere

CyrilFerlicot
Le 20/04/2017 à 23:47, Peter Uhnak a écrit :
> I was just explaining how Announcer/Announcements work to somebody because I couldn't find any online resource, but I thought I saw it somewhere.
>
> Do we have it explained in some book?
>
> Peter

Hi,

Check the Help Browser in Pharo.

In Pharo 6 the main Announcement class comments where improve with this
lines:

See in the help browser for more documentation. Just do:

HelpBrowser  openOn: AnnouncementsHelp

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: do we "how to use Announcements" somewhere

Ben Coman
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was just explaining how Announcer/Announcements work to somebody because I couldn't find any online resource, but I thought I saw it somewhere.
>
> Do we have it explained in some book?
>
> Peter

I remember finding this tutorial very instructive.  Its quite old so
I'm not sure how current it is, but I don't think much has changed
with the Announcements API.
http://pharo.dougedmunds.com/pmwiki.php?n=Pharo.AnnouncementsTutorial

Also...
http://pharo.gemtalksystems.com/book/LanguageAndLibraries/announcements/
and...
https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/building-an-announcement-spy-in/

cheers -ben

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I was just explaining how Announcer/Announcements work to somebody because I couldn't find any online resource, but I thought I saw it somewhere.
>>
>> Do we have it explained in some book?
>>
>> Peter
>>

> I remember finding this tutorial very instructive.  Its quite old so
> I'm not sure how current it is, but I don't think much has changed
> with the Announcements API.
> http://pharo.dougedmunds.com/pmwiki.php?n=Pharo.AnnouncementsTutorial
>
> Also...
> http://pharo.gemtalksystems.com/book/LanguageAndLibraries/announcements/
> and...
> https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/building-an-announcement-spy-in/
>
> cheers -ben

Oh, and...
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoLimbo/blob/master/Announcements/Announcements.pdf

cheers -ben

Re: do we "how to use Announcements" somewhere

Stephane Ducasse-3
But someone has to enhance documentation because I start to have no energy for documenting other works.

Stef