#doSemanticAnalysisIn: error

Esteban A. Maringolo
From time to time when I halt the execution (or try to halt it) I get
walkbacks reporting a MNU in
nil #doSemanticAnalaysisIn: nil

Now after hiting Alt+. for a while I was able to recover the control
of the image, but when selecting the "Morphic UI process" in the
process explorer I get a similar walkback (see screenshot).

Why is this? Is it a know bug?

Esteban A. Maringolo

astcache.png (68K) Download Attachment

Re: #doSemanticAnalysisIn: error

Damien Cassou
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why is this? Is it a know bug?

is it possible that you don't have the source code of your image? Both
the .changes and .sources must be available

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: #doSemanticAnalysisIn: error

Esteban A. Maringolo
Well... I have all the sources and changes.
But when this happens it seems the image/vm gets in a limbo, saying
PharoV30.sources wasn't found, etc.

My error was raised by a infinite recursion involving a #halt sent
during the printOn: (which sends #javascriptOn: in this case).

This is the offending call stack that got recursive.

Halt
DTAjax>>javascriptOn:
LimitedWriteStream(Stream)>>javascript:
DTAjax(JSObject)>>printOn:
DTAjax(Object)>>printStringLimitedTo: in Block: [ :s | self printOn: s ]
String class(SequenceableCollection class)>>streamContents:limitedTo:
DTAjax(Object)>>printStringLimitedTo:
MethodContext>>printDetails: in Block: [ receiver printStringLimitedTo: 90 ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
BlockClosure>>ifError:
MethodContext>>printDetails:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>errorReportOn:
SmalltalkImage>>logError:inContext: in Block: [ :logger | ...
SmalltalkImage>>logDuring: in Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>ensure:
SmalltalkImage>>logDuring:
SmalltalkImage>>logError:inContext:
MorphicUIManager>>openDebuggerOn:context:label:contents:fullView: in
Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
MorphicUIManager>>openDebuggerOn:context:label:contents:fullView:
SpecDebugger class>>openOn:context:label:contents:fullView:
SpecDebugger class>>debugError:
MorphicUIManager>>unhandledErrorDefaultAction:
Halt>>defaultAction
UndefinedObject>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
Halt
(starts over...)

Esteban A. Maringolo

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Why is this? Is it a know bug?
>

> is it possible that you don't have the source code of your image? Both
> the .changes and .sources must be available
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

Re: #doSemanticAnalysisIn: error

Clément Béra
I have the issue too from time to time. I don't know where it comes from.

If it comes form missing sources, it may be because some blocks have no sources even when the sources are presents (we tracked them down with Marcus but we don't know from where they come from).

A solution is to use the OpalDecompiler instead of "self methodWithoutSources".