doWithIndex:

Andres Valloud-2
Hello...

  Does anybody know why the package DES is overriding
  SequenceableCollection>>doWithIndex:?

--
Best regards,
 Andres                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: doWithIndex:

Travis Griggs-3

On Jan 20, 2007, at 12:01, Andres Valloud wrote:

Hello...

  Does anybody know why the package DES is overriding
  SequenceableCollection>>doWithIndex:?

I don't know. But I would like to encourage people to not use it and use keysAndValuesDo: instead. Then we could deprecate and remove that method.

It's very easy to write a rewrite rule to do this. Less is More and all that kind of thing.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

Re: doWithIndex:

Charles A. Monteiro-2
please don't start deprecating code, there is tons of other stuff that
needs attention and you shall give me a huge headache I'm sure :), aren't
you good with VM stuff? I heard that there's a slot open :)

-Charles

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 14:37:56 -0500, Travis Griggs <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2007, at 12:01, Andres Valloud wrote:
>
>> Hello...
>>
>>   Does anybody know why the package DES is overriding
>>   SequenceableCollection>>doWithIndex:?
>
> I don't know. But I would like to encourage people to not use it and
> use keysAndValuesDo: instead. Then we could deprecate and remove that
> method.
>
> It's very easy to write a rewrite rule to do this. Less is More and
> all that kind of thing.
>
> --
> Travis Griggs
> Objologist
> 10 2 letter words: "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Re[2]: doWithIndex:

Andres Valloud-2
Hello Travis,

TG> I don't know. But I would like to encourage people to not use it
TG> and use keysAndValuesDo: instead. Then we could deprecate and
TG> remove that method.

Hmmmmmm... interesting...

If we do that, then do: would seem deficient as it wouldn't be called
valuesDo:.  So perhaps we should deprecate keysAndValuesDo:, and
rename/merge all others into withKeysDo: instead?  Besides, it's
shorter :).

--
Best regards,
 Andres                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Re[2]: doWithIndex:

Reinout Heeck

On Jan 21, 2007, at 11:13 PM, Andres Valloud wrote:

> Hello Travis,
>
> Saturday, January 20, 2007, 1:37:56 PM, you wrote:
>
> TG> I don't know. But I would like to encourage people to not use it
> TG> and use keysAndValuesDo: instead. Then we could deprecate and
> TG> remove that method.
>
> Hmmmmmm... interesting...
>
> If we do that, then do: would seem deficient as it wouldn't be called
> valuesDo:.  So perhaps we should deprecate keysAndValuesDo:, and
> rename/merge all others into withKeysDo: instead?  Besides, it's
> shorter :).

This raises the question of #withKeysDo: vs #doWithKeys:,
perhaps we want both of those so people can order block's the
arguments as they like it most :-)

-