does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

Stéphane Ducasse
hi guys

Colin curtin mentioned to mike that he would like to donate his HTTPClient to squeak and pharo

http://map.squeak.org/package/8644a5ff-923c-438f-b5b0-a281de346040

Michael,

I'm not sure if I responded to you, but I remember typing the email :)

I am the author, I'd love to relicense it for Pharo, I don't have the code, do you have a copy?

Thanks,
Colin

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 11:51:41PM -0800, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Hi Colin,
>
> this is more a less an educated guess that this email works and you are
> actually the one who wrote the HTTPClient for Squeak back then.
>
> I've been using your HTTPClient for a while (thanks for writing it!!!)
> and there might be a chance to include it in Pharo
> (http://www.pharo-project.org/home).
>
> Would you be willing to relicense it under MIT which is now the
> preferred license for Squeak and Pharo distributions?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Michael Rueger

Re: does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

Alain Fischer
There is a copy here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070222111811rn_1/alpineguy.com/httpclient/

On 30 août 10, at 11:07, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> hi guys
>
> Colin curtin mentioned to mike that he would like to donate his
> HTTPClient to squeak and pharo
>
> http://map.squeak.org/package/8644a5ff-923c-438f-b5b0-a281de346040
>

> <Re: Squeak HTTPClient.eml>
>
> Stef_______________________________________________
> Pharo-project mailing list

Re: does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

Lukas Renggli
I committed a version of HTTPClient that loads in Pharo to

     http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTaskForces

The code looks really clean and nice. Unfortunately there are no tests
and it does not seem to work out of the box, but that was not expected
either.

Lukas

On 30 August 2010 11:19, Alain Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is a copy here:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20070222111811rn_1/alpineguy.com/httpclient/
>

> On 30 août 10, at 11:07, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> hi guys
>>
>> Colin curtin mentioned to mike that he would like to donate his HTTPClient
>> to squeak and pharo
>>
>> http://map.squeak.org/package/8644a5ff-923c-438f-b5b0-a281de346040
>>

>> <Re: Squeak HTTPClient.eml>
>>
>> Stef_______________________________________________
>> Pharo-project mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

Lukas Renggli
Actually the line blow works out of the box, I had the proxy settings
missing (which are obviously not picked up):

   HCFacade httpGet: 'http://www.google.com/'

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

Thanks Alain.
I hope you are going well - Alain is the guy that was the first to talk to me about Seaside....
You got a huge impact alain :)

Stef

On Aug 30, 2010, at 11:19 AM, Alain Fischer wrote:

> There is a copy here:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20070222111811rn_1/alpineguy.com/httpclient/
>

> On 30 août 10, at 11:07, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> hi guys
>>
>> Colin curtin mentioned to mike that he would like to donate his HTTPClient to squeak and pharo
>>
>> http://map.squeak.org/package/8644a5ff-923c-438f-b5b0-a281de346040
>>

>> <Re: Squeak HTTPClient.eml>
>>
>> Stef_______________________________________________
>> Pharo-project mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Re: does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

Thanks lukas!!!
My mail server just decided to push 3561 mails on me.... even if it should remove them from the server :)
Stef

On Aug 30, 2010, at 11:30 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I committed a version of HTTPClient that loads in Pharo to
>
>     http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTaskForces
>
> The code looks really clean and nice. Unfortunately there are no tests
> and it does not seem to work out of the box, but that was not expected
> either.
>
> Lukas
>

> On 30 August 2010 11:19, Alain Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> There is a copy here:
>>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20070222111811rn_1/alpineguy.com/httpclient/
>>

>> On 30 août 10, at 11:07, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> hi guys
>>>
>>> Colin curtin mentioned to mike that he would like to donate his HTTPClient
>>> to squeak and pharo
>>>
>>> http://map.squeak.org/package/8644a5ff-923c-438f-b5b0-a281de346040
>>>

>>> <Re: Squeak HTTPClient.eml>
>>>
>>> Stef_______________________________________________
>>> Pharo-project mailing list
>>> [hidden email]

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

lukas

the first thing I would love is to have beautiful abstractions and name (working of course).
:)

Stef

On Aug 30, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Actually the line blow works out of the box, I had the proxy settings
> missing (which are obviously not picked up):
>
>   HCFacade httpGet: 'http://www.google.com/'
>
> On 30 August 2010 11:30, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I committed a version of HTTPClient that loads in Pharo to
>>
>>     http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTaskForces
>>
>> The code looks really clean and nice. Unfortunately there are no tests
>> and it does not seem to work out of the box, but that was not expected
>> either.
>>
>> Lukas
>>

>> On 30 August 2010 11:19, Alain Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> There is a copy here:
>>>
>>> http://web.archive.org/web/20070222111811rn_1/alpineguy.com/httpclient/

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>

> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 30 Aug 2010, at 11:38, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Actually the line blow works out of the box, I had the proxy settings
> missing (which are obviously not picked up):
>
>   HCFacade httpGet: 'http://www.google.com/'

Yes it does (in Pharo1.2a Latest update: #12119 (not 12118 !!)).

I has underscore assignments though...

We have to be 100% sure about the license.

Re: [SPAM] Re: does anybody has a copy of HTTPClient of colin Curtin?

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 30 Aug 2010, at 11:46, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> the first thing I would love is to have beautiful abstractions and name (working of course).
> :)

You mentioned that a couple of times before, what do you mean exactely ?
In the context of HTTP the concepts are pretty well known and defined by standards and hundreds of implementations.
That does of course not yet mean that there are good and bad abstractions, even in this context.

Sven

On Aug 30, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 30 Aug 2010, at 11:46, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> the first thing I would love is to have beautiful abstractions and name (working of course).
>> :)
>
> You mentioned that a couple of times before, what do you mean exactely ?

the idea behind pharo is that newbies like me in certain domain should be able to take the implementation
as a good example / reference how to implement it.

For example, for me WebAddress looks strange, I thought that URI where WebAddress but I'm probably too newbie on web.

> In the context of HTTP the concepts are pretty well known and defined by standards and hundreds of implementations.

Indeed

> That does of course not yet mean that there are good and bad abstractions, even in this context.

I want to be outshined :)

        This album of Soundgarden was so cool (I never read the lyrics but the music was powerful).
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6c1iv2Jhcc

On 30 août 10, at 11:41, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Thanks Alain.
> I hope you are going well - Alain is the guy that was the first to
> talk to me about Seaside....
> You got a huge impact alain :)

I am going well even if I don't do a lot of Smalltalk ... still hoping
to use more Smalltalk ...
Nice to read the impact about Seaside ... :-)