does <package: > support method extensions?

does <package: > support method extensions?

Usman Bhatti
Hi guys

I would like to know if at the fame level we can tag a method as an extension of a fame package.
I saw that class implements annotation methods which contain this tag and I'm curious.
I thought that we could do it with fame (when I remember the meta model of fame).

I imagine that I can query all the methods with that label but does fame infrastructure provides a query?

Then I was thinking that we get comment at the meta level but this is not the case (is it true?) so for now we will use
Smalltalk class comments.

Re: does <package: > support method extensions?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On 12 Sep 2011, at 18:04, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I would like to know if at the fame level we can tag a method as an extension of a fame package.
> I saw that class implements annotation methods which contain this tag and I'm curious.
> I thought that we could do it with fame (when I remember the meta model of fame).
>
> I imagine that I can query all the methods with that label but does fame infrastructure provides a query?

I am not sure anymore what the status here is. You can package a property in a different package, but the pragma processor does not seem to take into account.

> Then I was thinking that we get comment at the meta level but this is not the case (is it true?) so for now we will use
> Smalltalk class comments.

Comments are not supported at all in Fame. What we have is just:
- Smalltalk class comments for the MetaDescription
- <MSEComment: ''> for the property

Please take a look at the MooseMetaBrowser open:
- for classes you can enter the comments directly in the editor to the right
- for methods you can only read it for now, but it would be great if someone would generate the <MSEComment:''> for the text presented there

Cheers,
Doru

> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: does <package: > support method extensions?

Stéphane Ducasse

On Sep 12, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 12 Sep 2011, at 18:04, Usman Bhatti wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I would like to know if at the fame level we can tag a method as an extension of a fame package.
>> I saw that class implements annotation methods which contain this tag and I'm curious.
>> I thought that we could do it with fame (when I remember the meta model of fame).
>>
>> I imagine that I can query all the methods with that label but does fame infrastructure provides a query?
>
> I am not sure anymore what the status here is. You can package a property in a different package, but the pragma processor does not seem to take into account.

Ok no problem. This is just that the system does not see a value in these tags else they would be up to date.

>> Then I was thinking that we get comment at the meta level but this is not the case (is it true?) so for now we will use
>> Smalltalk class comments.
>
> Comments are not supported at all in Fame. What we have is just:
> - Smalltalk class comments for the MetaDescription
> - <MSEComment: ''> for the property
>
> Please take a look at the MooseMetaBrowser open:

Yes this is what we did.

> - for classes you can enter the comments directly in the editor to the right

Ok I was not aware that we could edit it.
I will check how we can access the <MSEComment: >

> - for methods you can only read it for now, but it would be great if someone would generate the <MSEComment:''> for the text presented there
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>> Stef

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: does <package: > support method extensions?

simondenier

On 12 sept. 2011, at 20:41, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 12 Sep 2011, at 18:04, Usman Bhatti wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> I would like to know if at the fame level we can tag a method as an extension of a fame package.
>>> I saw that class implements annotation methods which contain this tag and I'm curious.
>>> I thought that we could do it with fame (when I remember the meta model of fame).
>>>
>>> I imagine that I can query all the methods with that label but does fame infrastructure provides a query?
>>
>> I am not sure anymore what the status here is. You can package a property in a different package, but the pragma processor does not seem to take into account.
>
> Ok no problem. This is just that the system does not see a value in these tags else they would be up to date.

Unfortunately not. That's still an open issue
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=421

--
Simon Denier