does seasideTesting suport liveCallBack?

does seasideTesting suport liveCallBack?

Burella Juan M.
Hi all,

             I have a component, it uses liveCallback. I want to test it. I´m using SeasideTesting, does it suport liveCallBack?.  Somebody could test it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: does seasideTesting suport liveCallBack?

cdavidshaffer
Burella Juan M. wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>              I have a component, it uses liveCallback. I want to test
> it. I´m using SeasideTesting, does it suport liveCallBack?.  Somebody
> could test it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

No, SeasideTesting knows nothing about Javascript in general or "live
callbacks" in particular.  It might be possible to emulate the live
callback behavior (see SCSimulatedBrowser) without trying to interpret
Javascript but I haven't done it.  I decided that I'd test Javascript
separately using Selenium (http://selenium.thoughtworks.com/index.html)
which uses Javascript and your browser to run your test cases.  A driver
for Squeak is on SqueakSource at
http://www.squeaksource.com/Squelenium.html.  It needs some work before
I would use it on a real system though.  I have been avoiding all but
the simplest Javascript but that may change soon and I will post if I
develop this package any further.  Anyway, you could simply write you
test cases in Selenium and avoid the Squeak driver altogether...

David