#doesNotUnderstand: in BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

#doesNotUnderstand: in BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

Robert Withers-2

Hello everyone. I hope you all are well. I am trying to build a VMMaker
image to generate plugins for the new ReedSolomon Erasure coding and
Error Correction, in Cryptography. I cloned the opensmalltalk-vm and am
running ./buildspurtrunkvmmaker64image.sh -vm /usr/local/bin/squeakthe
''. When it gets to building the BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage I
receive a DNU regarding external function. I have attached the stack trace.

/usr/local/bin/squeak Spur64VMMaker.image
BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

I appreciate your assistance!

--
Kindly, Robert

Object-doesNotUnderstand.zip (896 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: #doesNotUnderstand: in BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Rob,

   can you just paste in the stack trace?  The attachment won't open so I can't see anything...

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: #doesNotUnderstand: in BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

Robert Withers-2

Certainly, I apologize for passing an unreadable zip file. I looked at that file out and it is just the top frame DNU, not the full stack. I do not know how to copy the full stack, but here is the location where it DNUs. This comes in the update: FFI-Kernel-mt.173. Is this what you need? Otherwise I will need guidance to provide what you are looking for. Thx, Eliot!

externalFunctionDeclaration
    "Parse the function declaration for a call to an external library.

    (1) Create an instance of ExternalLibraryFunction and install it as first literal.
    (2) Add a pragma to primitive call 120.
    "
    | descriptorClass callType modifier retType externalName args argType module fn |
    descriptorClass := cue environment
        valueOf: #ExternalFunction
        ifAbsent: [^ false].
    callType := descriptorClass callingConventionFor: here.

Kindly, Robert
On 5/26/21 3:12 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
Hi Rob,

   can you just paste in the stack trace?  The attachment won't open so I can't see anything...

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 10:27 AM Robert Withers <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Hello everyone. I hope you all are well. I am trying to build a VMMaker
image to generate plugins for the new ReedSolomon Erasure coding and
Error Correction, in Cryptography. I cloned the opensmalltalk-vm and am
running ./buildspurtrunkvmmaker64image.sh -vm /usr/local/bin/squeakthe
''. When it gets to building the BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage I
receive a DNU regarding external function. I have attached the stack trace.

/usr/local/bin/squeak Spur64VMMaker.image
BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

I appreciate your assistance!

--
Kindly, Robert

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: #doesNotUnderstand: in BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

Boris Shingarov

I looked at that file out and it is just the top frame DNU, not the full stack. I do not know how to copy the full stack, but here is the location where it DNUs
In the debugger, in the menu (i.e. right-click) of the stack frame list, there is an item called "copy bug report to clipboard".

On 5/26/21 3:18 PM, Robert Withers wrote:

[...]

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: #doesNotUnderstand: in BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

marcel.taeumel

Hi all!

I will clean this up ASAP. Was too tired yesterday and hit this unexpected loading issue when merging the latest changes for FFI-Kernel and FFI-Callbacks.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Marcel

Am 27.05.2021 05:33:30 schrieb Boris Shingarov <[hidden email]>:

I looked at that file out and it is just
the top frame DNU, not the full stack. I do not know how to copy
the full stack, but here is the location where it DNUs

In the debugger, in the menu (i.e. right-click) of the stack frame
list, there is an item called "copy bug report to clipboard".

On 5/26/21 3:18 PM, Robert Withers
wrote:

cite="mid:[hidden email]">

Certainly, I apologize for passing an unreadable zip file. I
looked at that file out and it is just the top frame DNU, not
the full stack. I do not know how to copy the full stack, but
here is the location where it DNUs. This comes in the update:
FFI-Kernel-mt.173. Is this what you need? Otherwise I will need
guidance to provide what you are looking for. Thx, Eliot!

externalFunctionDeclaration

    "Parse the function declaration for a call to an external
library.

    (1) Create an instance of ExternalLibraryFunction and
install it as first literal.

    (2) Add a pragma to primitive call 120.

    "

    | descriptorClass callType modifier retType externalName
args argType module fn |

    descriptorClass := cue environment

        valueOf: #ExternalFunction

        ifAbsent: [^ false].

    callType := descriptorClass callingConventionFor: here.

Kindly, Robert

On 5/26/21 3:12 PM, Eliot Miranda
wrote:

cite="mid:[hidden email]">

Hi Rob,

   can you
just paste in the stack trace?  The attachment won't open so
I can't see anything...

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at
10:27 AM Robert Withers <
href="mailto:[hidden email]" moz-do-not-send="true">[hidden email]>
wrote:

0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"> Hello
everyone. I hope you all are well. I am trying to build a
VMMaker

image to generate plugins for the new ReedSolomon Erasure
coding and

Error Correction, in Cryptography. I cloned the
opensmalltalk-vm and am

running ./buildspurtrunkvmmaker64image.sh -vm
/usr/local/bin/squeakthe

''. When it gets to building the
BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage I

receive a DNU regarding external function. I have attached
the stack trace.

/usr/local/bin/squeak Spur64VMMaker.image

BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerIma
target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">ge.st

I appreciate your assistance!

--

Kindly, Robert

--

_,,,^..^,,,_

best, Eliot

Re: #doesNotUnderstand: in BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

marcel.taeumel

Hi all.

FFI should load fine again. :-)

Best,
Marcel

Am 27.05.2021 08:52:17 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:

Hi all!

I will clean this up ASAP. Was too tired yesterday and hit this unexpected loading issue when merging the latest changes for FFI-Kernel and FFI-Callbacks.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Marcel

Am 27.05.2021 05:33:30 schrieb Boris Shingarov <[hidden email]>:

I looked at that file out and it is just
the top frame DNU, not the full stack. I do not know how to copy
the full stack, but here is the location where it DNUs

In the debugger, in the menu (i.e. right-click) of the stack frame
list, there is an item called "copy bug report to clipboard".

On 5/26/21 3:18 PM, Robert Withers

cite="mid:[hidden email]">

wrote:

[...]

Yep! All is well with this problem. I appreciate your help. No worries!

I was able to update the image and load all the VMMaker code. I set the Preferences using the Preference Wizard. I enabled larger fonts so I don’t have to squint any more. Super! I’m getting old.

Unfortunately I ran into another walk back when attempting to generate external plugins. I will post a new thread regarding this error.

Kindly,
Robert

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 06:22, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

cite="mid:[hidden email]">