classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

doing a pass on FAMIX-File

Usman Bhatti
Hi,

I am using FAMIXFile and FAMIXFolder for a project. There are a few things that I've improved.

FAMIXAbstractFile defines a variable for belongsTo, I renamed this variable to parentFolder because AFAIK belongsTo is always derived information. I've implemented parentFolder as a FMMutlivalueLink. The opposite is childrenFileSystemEntities so that we've autoupdating back links. 

This change has made make existing files and folders inst vars and their accessors redundant. The selectors folder and files on a FAMIXFolder still exist but they are computed from childrenFileSystemEntities. IMO, the resulting solution is much more clean and more expressive. 

Let me know if there's a conceptual regression or some cases not covered.

Usman 

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: doing a pass on FAMIX-File

Blondeau Vincent

Hi,

It seems that it is not committed on the Smalltalkhub Moose repo. Can you check please?

TIA

Cheers,

Vincent

De : Moose-dev [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de Usman Bhatti
Envoyé : lundi 9 janvier 2017 10:16
À : Moose-related development
Objet : [Moose-dev] doing a pass on FAMIX-File

Hi,

I am using FAMIXFile and FAMIXFolder for a project. There are a few things that I've improved.

FAMIXAbstractFile defines a variable for belongsTo, I renamed this variable to parentFolder because AFAIK belongsTo is always derived information. I've implemented parentFolder as a FMMutlivalueLink. The opposite is childrenFileSystemEntities so that we've autoupdating back links. 

This change has made make existing files and folders inst vars and their accessors redundant. The selectors folder and files on a FAMIXFolder still exist but they are computed from childrenFileSystemEntities. IMO, the resulting solution is much more clean and more expressive. 

Usman 

!!!*************************************************************************************
"Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.!!!"

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: doing a pass on FAMIX-File

Usman Bhatti
I am running some tests to make sure that there is no regression for importers using these entities.

usman

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

It seems that it is not committed on the Smalltalkhub Moose repo. Can you check please?

TIA

Cheers,

Vincent

De : Moose-dev [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de Usman Bhatti
Envoyé : lundi 9 janvier 2017 10:16
À : Moose-related development
Objet : [Moose-dev] doing a pass on FAMIX-File

Hi,

Usman 

!!!*************************************************************************************
"Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.!!!"